Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title: Technology & Data – Senior Systems Operations Engineer
Location: Des Moines (Remote)
Duration: Contract (12 Months)
Targeted Start Date: 03/03/2022
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
***Must Be Vaccinated or Willing To Be Vaccinated***
Job Description / Duties:
- Provide Production Support for applications in a Web Application and AutoSys job environment. Team member will be supporting these applications as part of an on-call rotation.
- Investigate, troubleshoot production issues and fix those.
- Review and analyze technical queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supporting low to medium risk technical deliverables
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and leads to resolve issues.
- Support production deployments once or more in a month.
- Participate in complex technical issues related to large scale applications, systems, databases, or other technical products and services
- Identify opportunity for process improvements within technical support strategies and plans
- Provide issue resolution recommendations for moderately complex application/solutions related to application issues.
- Present recommendations for resolving complex technical queries
- Exercise some independent judgment to analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements while developing understanding of technical process controls or standards
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercise to support system applications and a working understanding of agile concepts.
- May interface with senior management.
- 5+ years of Production Support experience, or equivalent demonstrated.
- 5+ years of experience with databases such as SQL server, or Oracle, MySQL etc.
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: AutoSys, ETL, Server Integration Services (SSIS) development
- Possesses subject matter expertise in industry leading SQL Server ETL solutions/.net applications (.net Framework and .net Core) and best practices used to implement one or more components of information technologies such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification/modeling/monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity.
- Contract to Hire position and Candidate must be eligible to work without sponsorship
- 3+ years of experience with various System Integration tools, SSIS, and other Visual Studio Development IDE/SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to understand conceptual design to technical implementation
- Ability to identify challenges, anticipate obstacles, influence and resolve issues.
- 1+ years of experiences in JIRA & Confluence
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Experience in SQL development, C# development
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- Analytical skills with a keen ability to see how to understand/translate needs of the teams into tangible solutions/fixes.
- High level understanding of various development data technologies and development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technology related field, or four (4) plus years of experience.
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is an international, woman-owned, over $300 million IT and business services corporation based in Detroit. S3 provides staff augmentation, direct hire recruiting, workforce programs, and outsourced solutions with global industry expertise in energy/utility, healthcare services, insurance, communications, and financial services. It has over 3,600 direct consultants in 49 out of 50 states in the U.S. and 15 countries including Europe and the Americas.
- With a composite average annual growth rate of 19%, S3 is fiscally sound and debt free.
- S3 has had $3.3 Billion in sales since its inception with $1.2 billion of those sales occurring in the last 5 years.
- S3 is ranked as the sixth largest diversity staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) and 16th among the largest IT staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Report.
- It is the only company that is a certified Charter Partner to SIA.
- With 59% of its 3,600 team members claiming veteran, military spouse, or military dependent status, S3 has been designated as a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly employer since 2014.
- S3 is a certified women-owned business enterprise (WBE) and an active member of WBENC.
- S3 is ranked among the top 25 woman-owned businesses in the nation by Women’s Enterprise USA Magazine.
- S3 has given more than $2 million through sponsorships and donations every year since 2011.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-194545
Publish Date: 07 Feb 2022