Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a Technical Product Owner for one of our longstanding clients and a manager we know well! The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team to build a front end mobile experience consuming APIs or perhaps leading the effort to create new ones. This role is 100% remote with core hours of 8am – 5pm CST, M-F.
Job Title: Technical Product Owner (Remote)
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 13 months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #209059.
- Collaborate with disparate stakeholder groups to identify, understand, and capture the functional needs of product stakeholders and define non-functional requirements to ensure value is delivered.
- Help the team demo completed work to product stakeholders.
- Own or contribute to the technical product roadmap.
- Communicate business needs, write definition-of-ready user stories, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering.
- Maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, ensuring the greatest value is delivered soonest.
- Actively participate in team retrospectives, finding ways for the team to incrementally improve.
- Leverages agility tools (e.g. Jira) and implements strategies to optimize team performance and achieve overall department objectives (e.g. manage story aging, manage WIP, epic size/throughput, etc.).
- Ensure team’s work creates iterative value (e.g. supports the completion of MVPs/Epics in concert with other teams).
- Plan delivery of iterative value with other TPOs and prioritize/groom backlog accordingly to ensure highest level of quality.
- Manage unaddressed issues and determine resolutions.
- Identify and monitor tech product health metrics (e.g. KPIs, defect trends, compliance and security) to ensure business outcomes.
- Ensure recommended amount of team capacity is utilized for improving technical product health and driving down technical debt (e.g. integration and deployment of tooling, test automation, etc.).
- Provide quantitative data reflecting the scope and impact of the job such as budget managed, sales/revenues, profit, clients served, adjusted scripts, etc.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendation would typically results in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Bachelor s degree in related field OR equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of or experience with mobile technologies.
- Understanding of or experience with APIs or entity services.
- Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Agile requirement tools (JIRA, Rally, etc.).
- Collaboration tools (HipChat, Slack, Confluence, etc.).
- Diagramming and drawing tools (Visio, etc.).
- Experience writing user stories.
- Knowledge of user experience and solution design essential.
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
- Ability to balance technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
- Passionate stakeholder advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework.
- Required skills: USER EXPERIENCE Additional skills: PRODUCT ROADMAP RALLY USER STORIES WORD JIRA SOFTWARE ENGINEERING VISIO B2B SOFTWARE BUDGET CODING DEPLOYMENT INTEGRATION INTEGRATOR METRICS MICROSOFT OFFICE MICROSOFT WORD PRODUCT MANAGEMENT QUANTITATIVE TOOLING WELDING EPIC FRONT END
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-209059
Publish Date: 08 Nov 2022