Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Technical Compliance Advisor
Duration: 6-Month Contract
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Robert Garcia at: RGarcia@strategicstaff.com and Reference Job Order #: 181525 or click the Apply Button.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) seeks a Technical Compliance Advisor for a contract term at one of our biggest energy clients! This position requires that the selected candidate will work remotely.
Duties of Position:
Facilitates integration and implementation of relevant new compliance obligations and changes; monitors changes and participates from industry perspective. Leads and/or monitors compliance programs for specific rulesets as needed. Participates in development of roadmaps and workplans. Facilitates with stakeholders, especially technical SMEs requiring a deep understanding of both the requirements and capability to review/understand the current environment. Ensures audit readiness, compliance issue investigation, reporting, and correction, compliance information management, integration with business, and controls/monitoring, for multiple stakeholder sets. Advises to IT projects to ensure appropriate compliance posture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead or participate in the implementation and administration of relevant compliance programs. Leads and incorporate new regulatory requirements and other compliance obligations into the compliance management systems.
- Leads and coordinates new regulatory requirements and other compliance obligations into the compliance management program and systems. Ensure integration of IT compliance obligations into IT, corporate and business policies, standards, procedures, and processes, including flow diagrams. Rapidly research, develop and maintain deep understanding of compliance obligations as well as our current IT&T, corporate, and business environments and serve as consultant/liaison with affected IT&T, corporate areas, and business units to advise on potential impact and facilitate the evaluation, design and implementation of effective methodologies, procedures, and controls to comply with new and existing regulatory requirements and other compliance obligations. Collaborate with project manager(s) to identify relevant project tasks and associated pre-requisites/dependencies, timing, and associated automation to ensure departmental procedures are developed, implemented, and integrated.
- Provides training, guidance, industry insight and business liaison for staff/contractors to ensure quality results. Coordinates to communicate results across areas of the business.
- Identify and design methods of monitoring and sampling, including use of security tools. Able to meet project timeframes and communicate with all stakeholders to avoid problems.
- Advise on and/or execute compliance concern investigations, performance analysis (e.g., metrics), and report on status of applicable compliance programs.
- Investigates corporate readiness and designs plans for improving the cybersecurity baselines; work with cross-functional SMEs to design and implement methods to collect and/or automate compliance-related data.
- Monitor external compliance obligations; research, analyze and communicate potential impact to affiliates. Work directly with business units, corporate areas, and management in the development of industry comments and voting recommendations for relevant compliance obligations as needed (e.g., NERC CIP, DHS TSA security standards)
- 5+ years IT security, audit, or controls experience.
- 3+ years NERC CIP compliance program experience.
- Understanding of TSA Pipeline Security directive.
- 7 years experience in an information technology, audit, or utility business environment is required, with at least three years in an IT security, audit, or other controls-based role.
- Four (4) year degree in computer science, information systems, or other related information technology field.
- Masters degree business administration, computer science, information systems, or other related information technology field.
- Audit (Certified Information Systems Auditor [CISA] or security-related (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional [CISSP], Certified Information Security Manager [CISM]) certification.
Required: Maintains an expert level knowledge of IT governance frameworks and compliance standards including NERC CIP, SOX, PCI DSS, DFARS, COBIT, NIST Cyber Security Framework, DHS TSA Pipelines Security Guidelines. Broad technical knowledge (e.g., infrastructure, security, change management, SDLC); capability to zero in on essential information. Broad utility industry business understanding. Must be able to complete highly complex duties involving a wide variety of situations requiring considerable analytical skills, judgment, and interpersonal organizational relationships. Ability to reconcile conflicting information and lead groups to consensus. Ability to advise IT projects as they related to compliance. Project management capabilities. Ability to train large groups on IT regulatory requirements.
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3), based in Detroit, Michigan, prides itself on being an international, woman-owned, $300+ million IT and Business Services Corporation with 30+ years of service. We are ranked 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report, 6th largest IT Diversity staffing firm, and are one of five companies nationally certified as a Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and executive search services to financial institutions, insurance, energy, oil/gas, telecommunication, government, retail, and health care industries worldwide. We have more than 3,600+ consultants and 31 offices in the US and Europe. S3 is also proud to be nationally recognized as both a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
As an S3 employee, you are eligible for a full benefits package which may include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Vacation Package, Life & Disability Insurance Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to: Set the bar high for what a company should do, create jobs, offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-181525
Publish Date: 16 Sep 2021