Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title:Sr. Project/ Program Manager
Location: Ybor City, FL
Duration: 24 Months
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To Apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Paola Martinez at: Pmartinez@strategicstaff.com and Reference Job Order #: 206127 or Click the Apply Button.
Job Description/Duties:. This resource would manage IT projects and possibly programs associated activities within the IT department to meet budget, schedule and performance goals. This resource would be expected to facilitate meetings, develop and maintain project schedules, and drive and execute projects to successful completion. S/he would lead teams of Information Technology professionals (internal team members, on-site contractors, and vendors) as well as internal business partners, providing leadership to assure the successful completion of IT projects of various sizes.
- Large scale IT programs/projects
- Expertise working with stakeholders and business partners
Minimum Education/ Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in managing IT projects/programs.
- Solid background in Information Technology, specifically SDLC project work with extensive experience in hands-on project management.
- Candidates must bring both Agile and Waterfall methodology experience. The Company is about 30% into Agile transformation
- Strong leadership, planning and organizing, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project (Server) is required. Exposure to Project Server (2010 or 2013)/PWA/SharePoint is preferred.
- Strong documentation experience with ability to forecast for time / cost is terms of resources and labor
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, typically carrying a project load of 5-10 active projects.
- Leads project team to clearly define project scope, to obtain cost estimates, to build schedules and to assign named resources to activities.
- Practices exceptional project management skills, utilizing industry standards and best practices.
- Able to understand and adhere to the principles delineated in the Project Management Playbook and able to drive an effective utilization of the SDLC methodology.
- Develops and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Obtains, documents, and communicates estimates for schedule, budget and performance of assigned projects.
- Restates complex technical information in a format appropriate to the audience.
- Ensures appropriate documentation and entry of project information into the Project Repository.
- Identifies risks, partners with team members to mitigate risk, and promptly communicates risks and issues to the appropriate stakeholders.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Some experience in App Dev.
- Having utility experience is a plus because many of our projects are specific to utility solutions. Smart grid is not needed for any projects in the short-term.
- Projects go through the full SDLC life cycle using a methodology The contract PM will initially assume in-progress project transitioned from another PM and will receive new project assignments over time.
- (~1,000-5,000 IT labor hours) in the $100-999k range.
**Local candidates who can report in to Ybor 2x week highly preferred. Local candidates can be considered for hire down the road if desired, they are building FTE team. However local is not required for seasoned SR. PMs for contract**
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-206127
Publish Date: 26 Aug 2022