Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Sr. Java Developer for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI / REMOTE!
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Detroit, MI / Remote
Role Type: W2 contract engagement
- Technical Leadership – May lead a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables.
- Solution Design –Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Code Development – Develops and enhances application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification.
- Testing – Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and defect remediation.
- Deployment and Transition Support – Successfully deploys the new or enhanced software. Ensures user acceptance is strong and functionality is suitable. Also responsible for a smooth transition of the product to the maintenance and enhancement team ensuring complete documentation and communication occurs at transition.
- 7 years of Java development experience (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus)
- 3 years of experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- 3 years of experience designing and building technical solutions using Java technologies such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Angular, etc.
- 3 years of using relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Strong communicator – Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Experience with Java-based enterprise service bus (ESB) software development is preferred
- Strong problem solving skills and analytic skills with proven strength in applying root cause analysis
- Knowledge of containers, AWS, Active MQ, CI / CD, DevOps
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
- Strong experience with incident management leading both on and off hour ad hoc support teams.
- Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Math or other related field plus 7 years of Test Driven Development experience preferred.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-202664
Publish Date: 01 Jun 2022