Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Sr. Data Engineer for a contract opening with one of our largest clients.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company. Visa Sponsorship is Available ! The details are below.
Location: Charlotte NC (On-Site or Remote)
Duration: 6+ Months
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Bob Cromer at: email@example.com and Reference Job Order #: 221032 or Click the Apply Button.
Sr. Data Engineer
Data Engineering Responsibilities
- Executes the development, maintenance, and enhancements of data ingestion solutions of varying complexity levels across various data sources like DBMS, File systems (structured and unstructured), APIs and Streaming on on-prem and cloud infrastructure; demonstrates strong acumen in Data Ingestion toolsets and nurtures and grows junior members in this capability
- Builds, tests and enhances data curation pipelines integration data from wide variety of sources like DBMS, File systems, APIs and streaming systems for various KPIs and metrics development with high data quality and integrity
- Supports the development of feature / inputs for the data models in an Agile manner; Hosts Model Via Rest APIs; ensures non-functional requirements such as logging, authentication, error capturing, and concurrency management are accounted for when model hosting
- Works with Data Science team to understand mathematical models and algorithms; recommends improvements to analytic methods, techniques, standards, policies and procedures
- Works to ensure the manipulation and administration of data and systems are secure and in accordance with enterprise governance by staying compliant with industry best practices, enterprise standards, corporate policy and department procedures; handles the manipulation (extract, load, transform), data visualization, and administration of data and systems securely and in accordance with enterprise data governance standards
- Maintains the health and monitoring of assigned data engineering capabilities that span analytic functions by triaging maintenance issues; ensures high availability of the platform; works with Infrastructure Engineering teams to maintain the data platform; serves as an SME of one or more application.
BI Engineering Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, and enhancements of BI solutions of varying complexity levels across different data sources like DBMS, File systems (structured and unstructured) on-prem and cloud infrastructure; creates level metrics and other complex metrics; use custom groups, consolidations, drilling, and complex filters.
- Demonstrates database skill (Teradata/Oracle/Db2/Hadoop) by writing views for business requirements; uses freeform SQLs and pass-through functions; analyzes and finds errors from SQL generation; creates RSD and dashboard
- Responsible for building, testing and enhancement of BI solutions from a wide variety of sources like Teradata, Hive, Hbase, Google Big Query and File systems; develops solutions with optimized data performance and data security
- Works with business analysts to understand requirements and create dashboard/dossiers wireframes; makes use of widgets and Vitara charts to make the dashboard/dossiers visually appealing
- Coordinates and takes necessary actions from DART side for application upgrades (e.g., Teradata, Workday), storage migration, and user management automation; supports such things as Cluster Management and Project Configuration settings.
- Agile Development
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Database Design (Physical)
- Release Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering /Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in Data or BI Engineering, Data Warehousing/ETL, or Software Engineering
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-221032
Publish Date: 07 Mar 2023