Strategic Staffing Solutions
Data Engineer with Cloud – W2 ONLY
Role Type: Full-time Direct Hire
Salary: $135K-$155k + 8% targeted bonus + unbelievable benefits (e.g., 2 retirement plans: a normal 401K + a cash balance pension plan).
100% REMOTE ONLY – Here is a list of States set up to pay taxes in: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming
Sr. Cloud Engineer Job Description
About The Position
· Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements specializing in services utilizing public cloud providers.
· Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
· Responsible for automating operations, managing and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) tool chain as well as advising, communicating and collaborating with our Digital product teams.
· This position will have extensive cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services)
Key responsibilities include:
· Works across multiple areas and integrates knowledge of multiple areas into a single system – expertise and proficiency in public/cloud environments such as Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Provider), Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell), Infrastructure As Code Development (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer)
· Adds enhancements to new/future software releases
· Demonstrates strong knowledge of on premise solutions and cloud-based solutions; executes on cloud-based configuration plans for new systems/technologies
· Assists in performing root cause analysis and interprets the results; provides input into action plan (e.g., provides input into prioritization of offensive/customer-facing issues and defensive/internally focused backlogs)
· Independently handles/solves software/systems monitoring issues
· May assist in development of requirements with business analysts and architects; provides recommendations to enhance design to prevent recurrence of defects
· Provides input on client/customer requirements; may develop implementation plans utilizing cloud-based solutions
· Demonstrates strong working knowledge and understanding of business to provide quality technical feedback
· Reviews the Digital organization’s technology enablement and integration plans; demonstrates technical expertise within own technology through determining best course of action for own projects – Provides leadership and direction regarding CI/CD and Cloud technologies
· Demonstrates strong working knowledge of agile software development processes and the development lifecycle; liaises with scrum masters and coaches to move project forward
· Contributes to the development and execution of implementation plans as they relate to API-led solutions; identifies and documents implementation risks of such solutions
· Utilizes relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document, and support moderate to complex integration solutions applying design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices
· Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions utilizing test-driven development when possible; understands methods and technologies for load and performance testing of APIs
· Works closely with technical and enterprise architects to gather perspective on emerging and/or existing technologies related to API development and management; contributes to referential documentation related to API development standards and best practices
· May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business
· 5+ years of relevant experience in common tools/providers such as (AWS, MS Azure, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansile, Splunk Docker, etc.)
· Consideration will be given to candidates with nine or more years of relevant experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
· ASW Certification preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
· General Competencies –
– Basic understanding of cyber security, networking and storage concepts
– Exceptional customer service skills
– Software development lifecycle understanding
– Self-directed learner who keeps skills up to date with the latest technologies, including pursuit of relevant certifications
Job ID: JOB-223258
Publish Date: 11 Apr 2023