Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for an Sr. Blue Yonder Engineer for a contract opening with one of our largest clients.
Location: Charlotte, NC (On-Site or Remote)
Duration: 12+ Months
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Bob Cromer at: firstname.lastname@example.org and Reference Job Order #: 213937 or Click the Apply Button.
Sr. Blue Yonder Engineer
These resources will very specifically be supporting the following efforts:
- Make updates to Blue Yonder 2016 warehouse management (WMS) custom code for an upgrade to version 2021 of the warehouse management system.
- Redevelop custom UIs and reports in the 2021 WMS since the 2016 version of them is not supported in the 2021 WMS version.
- Support onboarding of BY WMS 2021 to API integrations and enable customer delivery utilizing capabilities of the new API integrations
Technical Knowledge (5-7 years’ experience):
- Basic knowledge of Windows AIX Linux
- How to navigate directories and view files
- Programming Scripting
- Blue Yonder MOCA, Batch, ksh, csh, etc…
- Perl, VB, c languages
- SQL knowledge
- Understanding of typical integration layers technologies
- Ability to dig and complete root cause analysis
Business Knowledge (5-7 years’ experience):
- Basic understanding of supply chain concepts
- Intermediate understanding of distribution concepts
- Intimate working knowledge of warehouse management processes
- Inbound Processing
- Outbound Processing
- Inventory Management
- The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
- Translates complex cross-functional business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards
- Coordinates, executes, and participates in component integration (CIT) scenarios, systems integration testing (SIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) to identify application errors and to ensure quality software deployment
- Participates in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Has solid grasp of software design patterns and approaches; understands application level software architecture; makes technical trade-off decisions at application level
- Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops detailed architecture plans for large scale enterprise architecture projects and drives the plans to fruition
- Solves complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 5 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 4 years of experience in database technologies
- 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-213937
Publish Date: 04 Jan 2023