Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Solar Tech II (204182)
Location: Tampa, FL (On-Site Required)
Duration: Permanent Position (8Hrs, 5 Days)
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #: 204182 orClick the Apply Button.
POSITION CONCEPT: The Solar Technician II position is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all utility scale solar plant systems. In addition, the Solar Technician II is responsible for troubleshooting and operational support with regards to all utility scale solar plant related problems. This position is also responsible for maintenance of the utility scale solar plant inverters, tracking systems and arrays.
Company offers a competitive Benefits package!!
Competitive Salary *401k Savings plan w/ company matching *Paid time off* Paid Holiday time * Medical, Prescription Drug, & Dental Coverage *Tuition Assistance Program * Employee Assistance Program * Wellness Programs * On-site Fitness Centers * Bonus Plan and more!
Position is with UNION IBEW 108.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Within the limits of authorized objectives, policies, procedures, plans, schedules and budgets, this position has the responsibility and commensurate authority for the:
- Maintenance and modification of utility scale solar plant Inverters.
- Maintenance and modification of utility scale solar plant tracking systems.
- Maintenance and modification of utility scale solar plant arrays including modules.
- Responsible for all plant process instrumentation.
- Responsible for maintenance of plant RTU interfaces.
- Support capital projects from a solar technician role.
- Support IT Security with NERC/CIP compliance.
Required Qualifications/ Education:
- MUST HAVE A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF UTILITY SCALE SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC ELECTRIC ENGINEERING POWER GENERATION
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent
- College degree may be considered in lieu of equivalent experience of 1 year with an associate degree and 2 years with a bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Speaks Up on Safety, Health, and the Environment
- Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
- Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgement
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required.
- Working knowledge with utility scale Inverters, Tracking Systems and Solar Arrays.
- Working knowledge using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Working knowledge of utility scale solar plant development & maintenance skills. Working knowledge with Distributed Controls Systems.
- Work hours may exceed 40 hour per week where work is executed indoors, outdoors and around hot equipment. Work may be required on the weekend and require employee to remain on call.
- Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, Engineer, Electrical, Instrumentation, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering
- ***Candidates must come from utility size environment only, not residential or commercial (example the airport).
- Railroad employees are a possibility, they work with high DC voltages.
- Electricians are not eligible.
**$1200 allowance fire retardant clothing, 450 every year following, 100 annual boot allowance, all PPE and tools will be covered.
**Employees will have company truck that will go home with them and unlimited gas- must have valid drivers license (commercial NOT required).
**Sign on bonus of $4K (for relocation expenses)
Job ID: JOB-204182
Publish Date: 20 Jul 2022