Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 12+ months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #230923.
- Implements and tests moderately complex code changes to fix identified defects in existing software products (e.g., identify and debug an application).
- Moderately enhance new/future software releases and/or create new software applications.
- Strengthens understanding of on-premise solutions and cloud based solutions/environments; configures components of new systems/technologies to cloud based solutions.
- Troubleshoots moderate bugs within code (within own component); performs actions as designated in the remediation plan.
- Assists and provides additional support in solving software/ systems monitoring issues and escalations which require moderate technical expertise to troubleshoot.
- Reviews requirements and researches and identifies alternative technical solutions.
- Works closely with business analysts to gain understanding of client’s technical requirements, provides feedback, develops follow-up questions; Develops understanding of customers business to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Works in an agile environment and engages in development practices such as peer programming and test driven development.
- Works closely with business analysts to gain understanding of basic requirements and translates into one or more API led connectivity solutions (integrations, interfaces, proxies, objects, shared code library, etc.);
- Reviews options to identify best solution and provides design for selected solution.
- Understands and is familiar with relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document, and support simple to moderately complex integration solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions utilizing test driven development when possible.
- Provides assistance to other developers for designing integrations, interfaces, proxies, business objects and business services as needed.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience with the following technologies (as relevant): Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Database Management, Middleware, Configuration Management Technologies, Container Technologies, Agile Environments, Mobile Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or business. Will consider candidates without a degree if they have shown/demonstrated having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by customer.
- 3+ years of relevant experience required.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-230923
Publish Date: 31 Aug 2023