Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in Contact/Call Center technologies for one of our longstanding partners in the St. Louis, MO area. The ideal candidate will have technical skills as well as great communication and problem-solving skills. This is a full-time direct hire remote role.
Job Title: Software Engineer w/Contact or Call Center Experience (Remote)
Location: Remote, but candidates must be located in one of the following states to be eligible for this position: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, or Wyoming
Role Type: Full-Time Direct Hire, W-2 Only
Pay: $90K – $130K based on experience level; 8% targeted bonus and great benefits!
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #209206.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, troubleshooting, operating, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Works across multiple modules on projects and supports groups of modules/module areas.
- Implements and tests moderately complex code changes to fix identified defects in existing software products (e.g., identify and debug an application).
- Moderately enhances new/future software releases and/or creates new software applications.
- Strengthens understanding of on premise solutions and cloud-based solutions/environments; configures components of new systems/technologies to cloud-based solutions.
- Troubleshoots moderate bugs within code (within own component); performs actions as designated in the remediation plan.
- Assists and provides additional support in solving software/systems monitoring issues and escalations which require moderate technical expertise to troubleshoot.
- Reviews requirements and researches and identifies alternative technical solutions.
- Develops understanding of the business to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Understands the organization’s objectives, and the impact on own projects; contributes to development of new technology integration and enablement plans.
- Works in an agile environment and engages in development practices such as peer programming and test-driven development.
- Works closely with business analysts to gain understanding of basic requirements and translates into one or more API-led connectivity solutions (integrations, interfaces, proxies, objects, shared code library, etc.); reviews options to identify best solution and provides design for selected solution.
- Understands and is familiar with relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document, and support simple to moderately complex integration solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures and best practices.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions, utilizing test-driven development when possible.
- Provides assistance to other developers for designing integrations, interfaces, proxies, business objects and business service as needed.
- May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business.
- 2+ years of relevant experience required. Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having 4 years of equivalent, relevant experience in tools, systems and initiatives leveraged by customer.
- Good analytical, communication, leadership and human relations skills.
- Preferred skills:
- Programming Languages: Visual Basic, .NET, Java, PowerShell
- Database Management: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, SQL Server
- Tools: Visual Studio, Visual Source Safe, Eclipse, Anypoint Studio
- Platforms: Windows Server, Unix
- SOA : Web Services, WCF
- Version Control: Git
- Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Data Interchange: RESTful API, XML
- Contact Center and/or Telephony experience preferred; experience with Genesys or Avaya a plus
Job ID: JOB-209206
Publish Date: 14 Nov 2022