Strategic Staffing Solutions
***S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.***
Job Title: Software Engineer IV
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Duration: 12 Months
To apply: Please email resume in Word Format to Melissa Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org and Reference Job Order #: 202529
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
- Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
- Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, troubleshooting, operating, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Lead software engineer for EMPRV application (software, Sybase database, interfaces, materials) with SOX and migrator duties.
- Planned off hour and weekend work responsibilities along with call out duty are required.
- Works across multiple systems and takes a holistic view on systems.
- Analyzes business problems to design solutions.
- Implements and tests complex code changes for specific requirements or application/standalone program.
- Provides input into technological process/standards/ methodology for cloud-based configuration; identifies gaps and develops training plans.
- Performs root cause analysis and develops action plan and priorities for backlogs (identifying short- and long-term solutions); may lead implementation of plan.
- Independently handles high-impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/incidents.
- Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with business analysts and architects.
- Reviews and develops solutions for cloud-based technology requirements; assesses solutions (build in- house vs. buy) and develops reports for senior leadership.
- Liaises with business analysts, may present at client meetings to gather and understand client requirements, may present technical point of view.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and understanding of Ameren’s business to provide quality technical feedback and influence technological and development plans enterprise-wide client applications in support of the Digital organization’s objectives.
- Acts as agile software development subject matter expert, leads and guides team members on development practices in agile environments; collaborates with scrum masters and coaches to move projects forward.
- Works closely with business analysts and architects to develop requirements and translates into one or more API-led connectivity solutions (integrations, interfaces, proxies, objects, shared code library, etc.); reviews options to identify best solution and provides design for selected solution.
- Leads the development and execution of implementation plans as they relate to API led solutions; identifies and documents implementation risks of such solutions.
- Utilizes relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document and support complex integration solutions utilizing design patterns, reference architectures and best practices.
- Automates API builds and deploys utilizing relevant technologies.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions utilizing test-driven development when possible; understands methods and technologies for load and performance testing of APIs.
- Works closely with domain and enterprise architects to gather perspective on emerging and/or existing technologies related to API development and management; contributes to referential documentation related to API development standards and best practices.
- Mentors other developers for designing integrations, interfaces, proxies, business objects and business services, as needed.
- Coaches co-workers and provides feedback to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Good analytical, communication, leadership and human relations skills required.
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3), based in Detroit, Michigan, prides itself on being an international, woman-owned, $300+ million IT and Business Services Corporation with 30+ years of service. We are ranked 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report, 6th largest IT Diversity staffing firm, and are one of five companies nationally certified as a Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and executive search services to financial institutions, insurance, energy, oil/gas, telecommunication, government, retail, and health care industries worldwide. We have more than 3,600+ consultants and 31 offices in the US and Europe. S3 is also proud to be nationally recognized as both a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
As an S3 employee, you are eligible for a full benefits package which may include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Vacation Package, Life & Disability Insurance Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to: Set the bar high for what a company should do, Create jobs, Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-202529
Publish Date: 25 May 2022