Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a contract opening with one of our largest clients!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
Location: Kansas City, MO (HYBRID)
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Nick Gleason, Sourcing Specialist, at email@example.com.
- This position assumes a role in the deployment, design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructure applications and network hardware pertaining to the Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Guides the installation, upgrade, and configuration of infrastructure applications.
- Monitors and tests infrastructure applications in an effort to predict potential points of failure, recommending solutions when identified.
- Develops and maintains infrastructure applications and system configuration documentation.
- Provides technical support and guidance (Level 2 and 3) for systems-related issues.
- Uses knowledge and experience to resolve problems.
- Ensures timely resolution of problems.
- Provides technical leadership for the CIP Infrastructure team.
- Identifies appropriate approaches to departmental goals
- Support NERC/CIP compliance program within the company and IT standards and policies (for example backup and recovery procedures, data security, etc.).
- Ensures timely resolution to problems.
- Recommends and plans for system upgrades and improvements.
- Coaches system engineers who have less experience and expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field and 4 years of systems administration experience OR 6 years of systems administration experience
- Understands and considers standard concepts, best practices and procedures related to Windows/Linux system administration.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating/networking systems with expertise in at least one system.
- Working knowledge of business goals, corporate IT standards, strategy and service level agreements.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of employees, both technical and non-technical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.· Establishes cooperative relationships with other departments.
- Searches for and identifies alternative and/or innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Research and resolve reported systems hardware/software problems efficiently and accurately while adhering to internal compliance/management standards and procedures.
- Uses planning skills to manage and complete projects on time and on budget.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Quickly adapts to multiple demands and rapidly changing priorities.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within several core fields, i.e.. server hardware, storage, operating systems, VMware virtualization, backup strategy, Active Directory, RSA, etc.·
- Has the ability to lead and direct the work of others as necessary
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-222217
Publish Date: 23 Mar 2023