Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: St Louis, MO
Role Type: W2 Only
Contract Length: Permanent
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Rene May, Sourcing Specialist, at RMay@strategicstaff.com and reference job #209527.
- This position provides support to users of the company’s financial suite of applications and is responsible for the project management (implementation, maintenance, and administration) of the core financial systems. Some of these systems currently include Oracle General Ledger, Hyperion DRM/DRG, ARCS, FCCS, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Utilities International Planner (UIP), and PowerPlan.
- Primary emphasis is on the administration of the Oracle Financials Cloud systems to include General Ledger, Projects, and PCMS (allocations).
- Administer the financial systems and help maintain overall system health.
- Perform production support activities including, but not limited to, evaluating patches/fixes, maintaining system configurations, interfaces, data cleanup, testing, and estimating enhancement requests.
- Assist with determining and implementing configuration, data and/or functional changes to correctly reflect regulatory or operational requirements.
- Organize, lead, and support testing initiatives for upgrades, external and internal software releases, mandated testing, disaster recovery, user acceptance testing, contingency planning, and other initiatives as needed. This includes current Finance Transformation project initiatives as several core financial systems migrate to Oracle Cloud applications.
- System interfaces, and data integrity.
- Work with business users and IT to ensure data integrity and the resolution of all data issues.
- Review and perform systems’ administration duties to ensure data integrity, accuracy, and security of financial systems.
- Review and perform data checks, monitor nightly audit results of data loads to and from financial systems (primary, feeders, sub-ledgers), and troubleshoot data issues.
- Processes, Controls, Data Governance.
- Support all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes needed in financial systems to report timely and accurate financial statements, forecasts, and budgets.
- Provide effective access to financial tools, queries, and reports; includes developing and maintaining financial user access controls and security approaches.
- Ensure proper data governance of the company’s chart of accounts by reviewing and approving requests for Data Relationship Governance (DRG) value configuration, validations, hierarchies, and business rule changes. Minimize risk associated with erroneous use of the company Code Block and FERC accounting rules.
- Maintain best practices and guidelines for usage of the financial suite by providing support of financial applications for system and/or business process issue resolution.
- Develop new reporting and analytical solutions to help provide the best data for the business segment requirements.
- Direct efforts and organize the communication of the roll-out of the reporting solutions for the business segments.
- Collaborate with business users to design and conduct comprehensive functional and technical end-user training.
- Provide daily support to business users relating to efficient system utilization and navigation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working on accounting-related systems on the IT or business side required. Oracle system experience preferred.
- Possess a strong understanding of financial consolidation, planning, budgeting, and reporting processes and its impact on user reliance of this information.
- Familiarity with financial standards, methods, procedures, and classification of accounts.
- Familiarity with the Utility industry and/or regulatory accounting a plus.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Knowledge of systems development at a level sufficient to evaluate proposals and project plans.
- Ability to provide technical and/or functional guidance on financial systems.
- Must be able to deduce and solve problems with minimum supervision from management or business owners.
- Individual needs to be proactive, good communicator (oral and written), able to effectively multitask and prioritize, and needs strong computer technical skills to trouble shoot and assess key issues to address.
- Must possess the ability to build relationships and work effectively with business segment key stakeholders to understand and deliver on customer requests.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-209528
Publish Date: 22 Nov 2022