Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Job Title: Senior Financial/Accounting Specialist
Location: St. Louis, MO
Role Type: W2 Only
Contract Length: Permanent
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Rene May, Sourcing Specialist, at RMay@strategicstaff.com and reference job #215016.
- Support the preparation of external regulatory filings with the SEC, FERC and State Public Service Commissions
- Prepare, review, analyze and interpret complex accounting, financial and statistical data
- Produce and review internal financial/operational reports
- Record journal entries for monthly, quarterly and year end closing cycles
- Proactively and independently research, report and propose Company policy on financial and reporting matters, including monitoring the activities of financial and regulatory reporting and accounting standard setting agencies.
- Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes, procedures, and controls.
- Expected to perform core responsibilities and monitor risks given general direction.
- May review work prepared by contract employees.
- May prepare or assist with the preparation of executive-level presentations.
- May prepare and deliver department presentations.
- Perform other special financial projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required. CPA also required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of accounting experience with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards and methods required.
- Reporting experience (e.g. SEC and FERC) preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify, analyze and research financial issues required. Strong oral communication and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and ability to work independently required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-215016
Publish Date: 10 Jan 2023