Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Setting: Onsite training; Hybrid setting
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be responsible for designing and delivering security solutions in various environments based on security standards, governance, and control practices. You will conduct technical research when necessary to contribute to setting security direction and strategy. You will assist others on your own team, or other teams where applicable, on security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects. We’re building a world class security function in a cloud native environment and are looking for ambitious security engineers to come on the journey with us.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are a cybersecurity and technical expert in cloud technology. You enjoy identifying possible security weaknesses and working to research, develop, and implement technical solutions to address those weaknesses.
In your role as Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you will design and deliver cybersecurity solutions in Cloud infrastructure based including security standards, governance, and control practices. You conduct technical research when necessary and contribute to setting cloud security direction and strategy. You will assist others on cloud security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Design, develop, and implement new cloud security technologies to support business and technology solutions
• Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for security tools, applications, and processes
• Manage and maintain the cybersecurity posture of company system
• Advise organization leaders on cybersecurity-related topics
• Provide guidance to other teams for cybersecurity-related efforts
• Mentor other members of the team
• Act as an escalation point for security incidents
WHAT YOU BRING
• Expert understanding of security concepts and how to implement those concepts with tangible solutions.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Risk-based approach to prioritizing and implementing solutions.
• Knowledge of compliance policies relating to cybersecurity and the financial sector.
• Broad knowledge of various cybersecurity tools such as SIEM solutions, alerting systems, vulnerability scanning solutions, and patch management solutions.
• Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
• Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Unix shell, Python), build deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Terraform) and solving problems with code rather than clicks.
• A strong fit to our values
Job ID: JOB-210489
Publish Date: 16 Dec 2022