Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a Scala Developer for one of our clients in the Healthcare industry! This role is 100% remote.
Job Title: Scala Developer (Onsite)
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 11 months
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #215622.
- Design, document, and implement data lake and data stream processing.
- Support the testing, deployment, and support of data processes.
- Design and implement support tools for data processes.
- Benchmark systems, analyze bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- Articulate and align fellow teams to data process designs.
- Enjoy being challenged by and solving complex problems.
- Skills: Big Data stack experience (at least 1 year of hands on development experience): Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hive, MongoDB Proficiency in Scala is required, as Scala is used both in the Big Data stack and in stand alone modules (Web Services).
- Experience architecting and deploying highly scalable distributed systems.
- Microservice experience is desirable.
- A test automation focus expected.
- Experience across the full software lifecycle; have a DevOps mindset.
- Experience working with build pipelines is desirable.
- Experience with an iterative approach to coding is desirable.
- Experience working on Linux systems.
- Experience using standard SDLC tools like Jira, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Scrum experience is desirable.
- Have very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to identify and resolve conflicts or ambiguities.
- Required Skills: SCALA
- Additional Skills: HBASE KAFKA MONGODB HIVE GIT
- Education: Bachelors degree in a Computer Science or 3 to 5 years related work experience.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-215622
Publish Date: 11 Jan 2023