Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Research Technician (208271)
Location(s): Richmond, CA (On Site Required)
Duration: 6 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:208271
Job Description / Duties:
- Prepares laboratory size catalysts on specialized equipment for mixing, extruding drying and calcining.
- Prepares small catalyst samples for analytical inspections and performance testing.
- Prepares complex metal solutions.
- Performs metal separation and purification procedures by solvent extraction.
- Performs physical tests on laboratory and commercial catalysts.
- General wet chemistry methods
- Keeping Chemical Inventory and keeping Catalyst Storage Inventory
- Report data in written reports
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized lab, meeting all safety and environmental regulations
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Natural Sciences, Earth Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of (1) year of laboratory experience
- Experience in wet chemistry procedures and analytical techniques.
- Mechanical aptitude for operation and maintenance of process instrumentation and lab-scale industrial equipment [mixers, extruders].
- Microsoft Suite proficiency
- Prompt with delivery of data and results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key colleagues outside their immediate workgroup.
- Demonstrates understanding of SDS and where to obtain information regarding hazards and proper storage/handling of a particular substance.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to safety culture.
- Strong work ethic and capability within a team setting. Collaborations with team members and customers/stakeholders are a must.
- Strong communication skills with team/customers/stakeholders – both written and verbal. Takes initiative to provide insight and input on project-related topics. Shows an ability to identify and propose new research ideas in collaboration with others based on previous experiences.
- Demonstrates willingness and flexibility to multitask and adjust schedules to meet project deadlines. Demonstrates a high level of organization and planning, considering dealing with several projects at once is routine in the Catalyst Lab.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs. comfortably
- Experience in separating and purifying metals from complex solutions.
- Synthesis of catalyst materials.
- Familiarity with computer controlled equipment, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-208271
Publish Date: 17 Oct 2022