Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Title: Registered Nurse Case Manager
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ months
Hours: M-F flexible
Case Manager – Registered Nurse
Utilizing a collaborative process, the case manager will assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor, evaluate and advocate the options and services required to meet an individuals health needs, using communication and available resources to promote quality, cost effective outcomes. The case manager helps identify appropriate providers and facilities throughout the continuum of services while ensuring that available resources are being used in a timely and cost effective manner in order to obtain optimum value for both the client and the reimbursement source.
- The case manager will collect in-depth information about a persons situation and functioning to identify individual needs in order to develop a comprehensive case management plan that will address those needs.
- The case manager will determine specific objectives, goals and actions as identified through the assessment process. The treatment plan is developed in collaboration with the member/authorized representative, treating physician, medical consultant, and, if appropriate, the social worker and keeping all parties informed of the treatment plan progress. The treatment plan should be action oriented and time specific.
- Advocate – The case manager will advocate on behalf of the member/authorized representative.
- Conducting a thorough and objective evaluation of the patients current status including physical, psychological, environmental, financial, and health status expectation.
- As a patient advocate, seek authorization for case management from the recipient of services (or designer)
- Assessing resource utilization and cost management; the diagnosis, past and present treatment; prognosis, goals (short and long term).
Identifying opportunities for intervention.
- Assisting members in meeting and managing both health care and quality needs
- Setting goals and time frames for goals appropriate to the individual.
- Identifying quality of care and savings opportunities, negotiating with providers when needed, facilitating the use of appropriate extra-and-contractual benefits, and providing the member with information or links to community, state, and/or federal resources.
- Maintaining communications and collaborating with patient, family, physicians and health team members and payer representatives.
- Comparing the patients disease course to established pathways to determine variances and then intervene as indicated.
- Introducing, assessing, opening, managing, closing assigned cases with guidance from the POD leader and physician consultant.
- Routinely assessing patients status and progress; if progress is static or regressive, determines reason and proactively encourages appropriate adjustments in the care plan, providers and/or services to promote better outcomes.
- The case manager will document patient profile updates, discuss cases with POD leaders, and schedule case reviews with the physician consultants on a routine basis.
- Establishing measurable goals which promotes evaluation of the cost and quality outcomes of the care provider.
- Reporting quantifiable impact, quality of care and/or quality of life improvements as measured against the case management goals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Registered Nurse with current Michigan License required
- Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or related fields (preferred)
- CCM certification (preferred). If not certified upon hire, encouraged to become CCM certified within four (4) years of functioning in a case management role
- Certification in Chronic Care Professional (preferred)
- Two (2) years full time equivalent of direct clinical care to the consumer
- Two (2) to four (4) years of clinical experience preferably in Case Management or Home Health Care with a Medical/Surgical background
- Working knowledge of Case Management principles and procedures based on nationally recognized standards of Case Management
Job ID: JOB-181526
Publish Date: 16 Sep 2021