Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Project Manager- Construction, Industrial Engineering (209072)
Location(s): Tampa, FL (On Site Required)
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:209072
Job Description Manage Engineering and Construction Projects in the Energy Supply organization. Lead project teams as the single point of accountability for all aspects of project execution. The project manager is also responsible for all phases of planning and executing projects to meet the goals of the company with respect to schedule, financial, and operating performance. The duties include conflict resolution between the company and the engineering, construction, equipment, and material providers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the planning, engineering, procurement, construction, and start-up of multiple capital projects. Manage project scope, cost, time, risk, quality, procurement, communications, and human resources in order to drive project execution and meet project objectives. Management responsibilities begin with project initiation and include planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and project close-out. Be accountable for project performance measured by safety, schedule, financial, and operating goals. (50%)
- Ensure project business cases are well developed and understood. This includes, as necessary, development of varying solutions or scope options for comparison, economic analysis, and development of non-economic project justification. Ensure the business case is well documented in project authorization documents (PSA, CIR, PCR). (10%)
- Manage development of project execution plans and ensure adherence to the project specific plans or to the standard project management procedures as appropriate. Lead decision making concerning the extent to which detailed project specific plans are required. Ensure plans are updated when needed to meet changing conditions or requirements. Ensure the project plans, estimates, and schedules are reasonable and achievable (15%).
- Effectively plan, organize, and coordinate the work of station personnel, multi-discipline engineers, construction supervisors, procurement personnel, project planners, project controls analysts or others assigned to a project team, in a manner that supports the project, company and department goals and objectives. (15%)
- Manage project communications. Identify project stakeholders and keep them well informed; effectively facilitate regular project team meetings; deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations; resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion; and understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully. Ensure accurate project status reporting. Provide updates on cost, schedule, status, and critical items which may materially affect project performance or department or company operations.
Present project status to management and key stakeholders on a regular basis. (10%)
- Manage increasingly complex projects involving plant capital improvements, maintenance projects, process changes and/or new process projects.
- Identify Project Management processes in need of improvement and work to develop and maintain Project Management standards, procedures, and tools.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a minimum 5 years of continuous Project Management experience in industrial or power production facilities with a focus on engineering, scheduling, budgeting, cost controls and contract claims negotiations.
- In lieu of some experience, a Bachelor’s degree and minimum 7 years related experience and 3 years continuous PM experience may be considered.
- Proven ability to develop detailed project schedules and project cost control systems.
- Proven ability to analyze schedule and/or cost information and take corrective actions,
- as necessary. Knowledgeable on requirements to contract and manage outside
- Engineering/Consulting organizations for completion of multidiscipline projects.
- Minimum of five (3) years of direct or indirect supervisory experience
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-209072
Publish Date: 08 Nov 2022