Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Wichita, KS
To apply: Please email your resume in Word Format to Joseph Payne at: Jpayne@strategicstaff.com and Reference Job Order #: 204103 or Click the Apply Button.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Primary owner to the design function of assigned projects that install or maintain overhead and underground equipment for various company projects requiring communication and coordination between Distribution, Substation, Transmission engineering, field and support personnel, company management, and external entities. Under minimal direction, develops the scope and cost estimates, design and drawing layout, labor, equipment, and material specifications necessary to accurately estimate costs for the most complex and technically demanding projects. Performs office and field technical work to determine design and customer requirements for electric facilities according to company standards. Works with city, county, state, company, and other personnel as needed to optimize the design criteria for electric installations and modifications. Assists and works with other company departments and external entities on requests and specialized services as needed to support the company. Assists design services management with budget, planning, scheduling, government entity communications and other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering or equivalent technical field such as Construction Science and Management.
- The ideal candidate will have related experience in technical design, project management skills, and experience leading contractors or employees in a technical function.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, computer, and technical skills are essential to success in this role.
- Must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills in English that will be utilized to accomplish required coordination between other company departments and external entities.
- Must have good intermediate math, business/technical writing skills, and technical reading skills.
- Must have knowledge of electric Distribution, Substation, and Transmission facilities.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations appropriately. Must be an effective project manager.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical activities of the job (includes, but not limited to hearing, seeing, walking, talking, reading, typing, writing, color distinction, depth perception, working outside in adverse conditions, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, etc.).
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3), based in Detroit, Michigan, prides itself on being an international, woman-owned, $300+ million IT and Business Services Corporation with 30+ years of service. We are ranked 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report, 6th largest IT Diversity staffing firm, and are one of five companies nationally certified as a Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and executive search services to financial institutions, insurance, energy, oil/gas, telecommunication, government, retail, and health care industries worldwide. We have more than 3,600+ consultants and 31 offices in the US and Europe. S3 is also proud to be nationally recognized as both a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
As an S3 employee, you are eligible for a full benefits package which may include: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Vacation Package, Life & Disability Insurance Plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Tuition Reimbursement.
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to: Set the bar high for what a company should do, Create jobs, Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life, and improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-204103
Publish Date: 12 Jul 2022