Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI / REMOTE!
Title: Procurement Specialist
Role Type: 5+ Months W2
Responsible for developing IT contract negotiations strategies and performing contract negotiations. Prepare contractual provisions and administer contract proposals. Negotiate commercial contracts with vendors. Issue purchase orders to vendors. Focus on continuous improvement in vendor and client relations. Evaluate requests and requirements, identify risks, develop negotiation strategies, facilitate, and negotiate contracts with vendors, and issue purchase orders.
Top 3 Required Skills/Experience
- Develop negotiation strategies, conduct negotiations, and manage master contracts. Negotiate Statement of Work (SOW), Amendments, Master Service Contracts and Supplier Paper.
- Negotiate regulatory and compliance related contractual agreements (BAAs, government services, etc.).
- 3 + years IT contract negotiation experience
- Negotiate contract and pricing, finalize, and execute agreements, issue purchase orders.
- Ensure product or service descriptions are compliant (PHI, PII, BAA).
- Develop service level agreements for key customers and suppliers. Ensure compliance with customer SLA and that pricing is consistent with sourced pricing.
- Develop reporting and metrics.
- Partner with the business, Office of General Counsel (OGC), Insurance, Audit and Procurement in terms of formulating a negotiation strategy for contractual agreement.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Procurement Consultants and Specialists relative to a contracting and negotiation strategy.
- Develop negotiation strategies and assemble fact-based cases for use with suppliers
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills required – Intermediate Written Communications and Oral Communication skill level required – Intermediate Effectiveness Measurement skills required
- Advanced Contracts Review skills required – Intermediate Problem-Solving
- skills required Proficient in procurement systems and current industry standard PC applications and systems.
- Thrive in an interdependent, team environment.
- Should exhibit exemplary behaviors in Drive Execution, Communicate, Build Partnership and an emphasis on own it and Reach Out
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field. A Juris Doctorate is helpful, therefore preferred.
- Four (4) years contract negotiating experience required with two (2) years’ experience negotiating business contractual terms, strategy planning and analysis and review of existing contractual agreements preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience with business contractual terms required; legal contractual terms preferred.
- Two (2) years negotiation strategy planning and analysis and review of existing contractual agreements preferred – Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) certification preferred. –
- Institute of Supply Management (I.S.M.) affiliation preferred.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-231281
Publish Date: 18 Sep 2023