Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a Performance Engineer for one of our retail clients! This role is W2 only and will start as a 6-12 month contract with the potential for full-time conversion. The ideal candidate for this role would have experience working in retail on backend systems such as SAP S/4, experience with LoadRunner and/or NeoLoad, and an understanding of working in a cloud environment (MS Azure/Google Cloud).
Job Title: Performance Engineer (Remote)
Location: 100% Remote
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 6-12 months with potential full-time conversion
Pay Rate: 60.00-70.00/hour on W2
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #208020.
- Assist in implementing the solutions to evaluate & optimize the performance and scalability of various on-prem & cloud systems, SaaS systems, middleware, and Infrastructure. This includes component level, application level and end to end integrated performance testing scenarios.
- Assist in the creation and execution of performance test plans by capturing test requirements, test conditions, data strategy, acceptance criteria and assumptions.
- Design, develop, and maintain performance test scripts using a variety of performance test tools such as LoadRunner, NeoLoad, CloudTest, JMeter etc. to support large-scale test executions in both agile and waterfall SDLC paradigms for evaluating performance.
- Assist in developing the data strategy and prepare data meeting the quantity requirements and with quality, to execute the tests.
- Ensure that performance problems are fully documented in detail within the relevant reporting system(s) and managed through to resolution.
- Collaborate with business & other IT partners for delivering the tasks on time and with quality and by ensuring a positive experience for all involved.
- Profile application performance using different workload models to understand performance concerns and to implement tuning as needed.
- Assist in evaluating the performance related patterns and trends of various apps.
- Assist in establishing performance engineering as an integral part of SDLC.
- Contribution to continuous improvement of performance testing standards and processes.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have Performance Testing as the primary competency with 2+ years of progressive performance testing experience in waterfall, agile and hybrid delivery models using load emulation tools like LoadRunner, JMeter, NeoLoad, CloudTest etc.
- Experience in preparing Test Plans, Workload models, Test Scenario Design, Test Data Setup, Test Execution and Defect Management.
- Experience in performance testing of both on-prem and cloud solutions (GCP/Azure/AWS).
- Performance testing experience with technologies like Java EE, .NET, SAP, Web Services, Micro Services, SQL, No-SQL, Tibco, MQ, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Good understanding in Performance Engineering concepts along with an ability to define performance monitoring requirements and alert thresholds using APM tools like Dynatrace, New Relic etc.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis by coordinating with the respective teams and bring issues to closure with acceptable resolutions in a timely manner.
- Experience in the CI/CD pipeline jobs setup to validate performance is a plus.
- Performance testing experience in a retail domain covering systems like eCommerce/Web /Mobile, Order management, Supply Chain & POS systems is highly desired.
- Ability to work as a proactive and self-motivated individual in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment by managing conflicting priorities while delivering high quality work across projects running on tight schedules.
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons.
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-208020
Publish Date: 10 Oct 2022