Strategic Staffing Solutions
PC Refresh-Support Tech
Location: Topeka, KS
Contract: 24 months+
Pay rate: $26/hr
- The PC Refresh technician will provide delivery, installation, configuration, testing, and production support of new endpoint devices to the customer’s user base in a predominantly Windows based environment.
- This may include company hardware and software, that of which is company scripted.
- Technician will be centralized at customers main location and be required to travel as needed to other customer locations around KS and MO.
- (Customer vehicles provided) If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unboxing of devices and materials as necessary.
- Performing required pre-deployment device testing.
- Confirming all required components of devices are packaged together.
- Recording device serial numbers for entry into CMDB for workstation inventory
- Communicating with the end user through email, instant messages, or by phone as necessary.
- Communication may include awareness to the customer that they are getting a new endpoint, software confirmation, delivery schedule times, and other information as deemed appropriate.
- Delivering and deploying endpoint devices to end users’ desk.
- Ensure workstations have the appropriate software installed.
- Attain sign-off from end user that device has been deployed properly and functioning as expected.
- Remove and inventory existing endpoint
- Update end user service ticket (ServiceNow) regularly throughout deployment process
- Attend regular status meetings and team calls
- Willingly and actively execute directives from team lead
- Ensure documentation repository is appropriately maintained, standards and SLA’s are met.
- Adheres to all Customer and S3 internal documentation, processes, time tracking, etc.
- Follow ITIL and Agile practices where applicable.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with computers in a networked environment and with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and SharePoint) or similar software.
- 2+ years of experience required with working knowledge and familiarity for supporting multiple operating systems – Windows, Mac OS, IOS, and Android devices.
- 2+ years of experience required with hardware and productivity software trouble shooting skills for Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Mobile devices.
- 2+ years working in a high-volume hardware/software troubleshooting and deployment environment.
- Knowledge or experience with ServiceNow Ticketing System
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply this to day-to-day work activities
- Possess critical thinking, analytical ability, and problem-solving skills. Able to think and react positively and professionally even in stressful situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Customer relationship skills with a track record of exceeding customer expectations.
Job ID: JOB-230913
Publish Date: 14 Sep 2023