Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
S3 is seeking a Paralegal for one of our partners in the Financial industry! This role is ONSITE in the Charlotte, NC area. Ideal candidates will have a background in mortgage and/or real estate compliance.
Job Title: Paralegal (Onsite)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 6 months
- Establish, implement and maintain risk standards and programs to drive compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory and Corporate Policy requirements.
- Oversee the Front Line’s execution and challenges appropriately on compliance related decisions.
- Support the oversight or monitoring of a risk-based compliance program. Provide support in developing and overseeing standards with some business and functional knowledge.
- Provide compliance risk insight and support projects and initiatives with low to moderate risk for a business line or functional area.
- Work with a business unit, a defined set of rules and regulations on low to moderate risk compliance matters.
- Support the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management. Provide direction to the business on developing corrective action plans and effectively managing regulatory change.
- Provide support in reporting findings and drafting recommendations to management.
- Support and implement initiatives with low to moderate risk. Interact with team to support risk oversight and monitoring.
- Manage and ensure accuracy of data.
- Troubleshoot system issues to determine root cause.
- Research and implement new regulatory rules and manage other Registration Team related projects.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development.
- 2+ years of Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience with Attorney, Mortgage Business, Mortgage Compliance, Mortgage Law, Legal citations.
- Legal experience and an understanding of how to wade through legal citations across the U.S., identify like/similar requirements, group them into “clusters,” then coordinate with internal Legal department to write an overarching requirement summary.
- Familiarity with legal terminology.
- Ability to pose questions about applicability or vague interpretation.
- Ability to determine when to look at surrounding requirements (e.g., related citations, including definitions), especially those pertaining to mortgage servicing-related requirements.
- Experience with mortgage requirements is a huge plus, but not a disqualifier if the candidate has a legal background and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-226466
Publish Date: 20 May 2023