Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Paralegal (215656)
Location(s): Houston, TX (Hybrid)
Duration: 6 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:215656
- Remote: Monday and Friday
- In Office: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Work Schedule: 5/40
Job Description / Duties: This Legal Analyst position is part of the Downstream, Chemicals and Midstream Law Function. The successful candidate will primarily provide commercial, business, and transactional legal support for the Supply and Trading business units operating in the U.S.
The successful candidate must be able to perform delegated paralegal tasks under the guidance and direction of attorneys, including:
- Prepare, negotiate and edit a variety of legal documents including, but not limited to the following: General Terms and Conditions for the Purchase and Sale of Crude Oil and Refined Products, Terminal Storage and Throughput Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Powers of Attorney and Claim Letters all based on consultation with business partners and review by attorneys
- Analyze legal documents to provide a risk analysis and recommendation to business partners and attorneys
- Perform legal due diligence and legal research
- Multi-task and prioritize work assignments to consistently provide high-quality work product in a fast-paced work environment
- Work closely with business partners and attorneys to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues and support a broad range of commercial transactions and/or large projects
- Recommend process improvements and simplification of tasks
- Communicate clearly, simply and directly
- Bachelor s degree
- Minimum of five years experience as a paralegal negotiating and drafting agreements
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g. business partners, and attorneys)
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is adept at working in a team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and iManage
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or a law degree from an ABA-accredited school (PREFERRED)
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-215656
Publish Date: 11 Jan 2023