Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Operations Specialist (Onsite)
Location: St. Louis, MO
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 12 months
Day time schedule: Monday through Friday 7am to 7pm.
- Server Support Role: Manages the daily operations and support of the IT networks and digital infrastructure (LAN/WAN, transport, telephone, wireless data, and mobile radio networks).
- Utilize a variety of monitoring tools and network element management systems to triage, troubleshoot and remotely repair problems with the networks.
- Implement software upgrades to network elements as required and participate in the change process to add or delete network elements.
- Provide support to IT field operations personnel, dispatch field support personnel as required, dispatch contractors, open and manage tickets with equipment vendors and carriers.
- Understanding of basic ITSM principles. Team utilizes Service Now for incident and change.
- Associates Degree required, preferably in computer science or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience. Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience without the academic requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows or Linux server operating systems in a physical and virtualized environment.
- Experience with Active Directory and VMware ESXi
- Basic understanding of enterprise storage and backup solutions.
- Ability to follow run books to resolve incidents without escalation.
- Windows knowledge would be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to produce outstanding results.
- Strong communication skills.
- HPUX experience would be a plus.
- Windows Server
- Windows Patching
Job ID: JOB-230708
Publish Date: 20 Sep 2023