Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title: Network Technologies Network & Sr. Security System Analyst (2 roles)
Location: Tampa, FL
This role will primarily focus on maintaining 24×7 coverage in our customers Technology Operation Center (TOC), performing the functions that support, monitor, troubleshot, diagnose, and remedies the Operational functional aspects of server and network problems and failures. Encompasses the Operational roles of Network Technologies (NetTech), After Hours Service Desk, Security to includes some Check Point Firewall functions, Major Incidents, IT Infrastructure, Proactive Monitoring and response, Vendor interaction, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure, project support, and various other IT infrastructure and Customer Experience (CE) systems/roles.
Level of Responsibility:
- Monitors, troubleshoots, diagnoses and remedies server and network problems and failures
- Installs and configures server and network hardware and software.
- Design/Plan (10%); Design and planning required for small projects
- Server based VMWare 6.5 and above- (do not add to resume, he will snoop it out
- Must have Cisco iOS upgrade experience. Building a VLAN is NOT enough.
Night shift is required – Depending on current team either Sun – Wed 7pm – 5 am or Mon – Fri 6pm- 2 am
- Responsible for Proactive monitoring, implementing, maintaining/upgrading, and supporting of new and existing network, server, storage infrastructure, and IT applications.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the planning, designs, and implementation of network, server, and storage infrastructure based on project requirements, capacity plans, and system support.
- Problem solving involves basic troubleshooting following the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model, making or calling for equipment repairs, and problem escalation.
- Install and support network, server, and storage hardware and software.
- Proactive detection and correction of work stoppages and/or errors are accomplished by monitoring systems and changing configurations as necessary.
- Direct participation in the planning and designing, maintenance, testing and documentation of the companys disaster recovery plans are vital.
- Provide and apply appropriate security consulting and support for IT infrastructure across multiple platforms (Firewalls, Operating Systems, and other network devices).
- Provide second-level technical support for security systems and authentication mechanisms on all operating system platforms.
- Supports the afterhours IT functions to include Service Desk, Security administration, OAM projects/tasks, Patching, Upgrades, Troubleshooting, and Metrics.
Senior Network Technologies Analyst
This role will primarily focus on maintaining 24X7 coverage in the Technology Operation Center (TOC), performing the functions that support, monitor, troubleshoot, diagnose, and remedies the Operational functional aspects of server and network problems and failures. Encompasses the Operational roles of Network Technologies (NetTech), After Hours Service Desk, Security to includes some Check Point Firewall functions, Major Incidents, IT Infrastructure, Proactive Monitoring and response, Vendor interaction, Disaster Recovery, Infrastructure project support, and various other IT infrastructure and Customer Experience (CE) systems/roles.
- This role is critical to maintaining the companies IT Network infrastructure and security postures and support the business partners need.
- Level of Responsibility:
- Support (50%): Monitors, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and remedies server and network problems and failures
- Implement (30%): Installs and configures server and network hardware and software
- Design/Plan (10%): Design and planning required for small projects
- Lead/Consult (10%): Project leadership, consulting, or cross-train peers
- Valid High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Associates or Bachelors degree issued by a regionally accredited Institution (SACs, etc.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent IT discipline (MIS).
- Has obtained at least one associate and one senior level certification (i.e. Microsoft Certified IT Professional, VMware Certified Professional, HP ATA Servers & Storage, or Cisco Certified Network Associate/Professional).
- CCNA, VCP, or MCITP
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of six years of work experience related to the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is required.
- Minimum of four years of direct work experience performing the Duties & Responsibilities of this position is preferred.
- College degree may be considered in lieu of comparable experience in networking/server hardware installation and maintenance of two years with an Associates degree and four years with a Bachelors degree.
- Switching, routing, DNS/DHCP, Windows Active Directory, Storage Area Networks, Server virtualization, networking/server hardware installation and maintenance, Security appliances.
- Employees at this level work under general supervision and are experienced Network and Systems Analysts with the ability to support existing server and network infrastructure.
- They have intermediate knowledge of most types of network or server infrastructure regardless of the complexity. Supports the following technologies: switching, routing, DNS/DHCP, Windows Active Directory, VMware, and hardware installation and maintenance.
- The shift(s) covers nights and weekends.
- Office environment is the normal working environment with field work required during upgrades and break/fix activities.
- An On-call rotation for 24×7 support is required with occasional travel needed for supporting remote facilities.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ REQUIREMENTS:
- Tasks require handling objects up to 50 pounds on a routine basis. Involves standing and/or walking for extended periods of time and lifting networking, smaller UPSs, and server equipment.
- Minimal exposure to physical risks such as operating dangerous equipment.
$$ WE OFFER A REFERRAL FEE FOR ANYONE REFERRED & HIRED WITH S3! $$
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is an international, woman-owned, over $300 million IT and business services corporation based in Detroit. S3 provides staff augmentation, direct hire recruiting, workforce programs, and outsourced solutions with global industry expertise in energy/utility, healthcare services, insurance, communications, and financial services. It has 3,600 direct consultants in 49 out of 50 states in the U.S. and 15 countries including Europe and the Americas.
- With a composite average annual growth rate of 19%, S3 is fiscally sound and debt free.
- S3 has had $3.3 Billion in sales since its inception with $1.2 billion of those sales occurring in the last 5 years.
- S3 is ranked as the sixth largest diversity staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) and 16th among the largest IT staffing firm in the U.S. by Staffing Industry Report.
- It is the only company that is a certified Charter Partner to SIA.
- With 56% of its 3,600 team members claiming veteran, military spouse, or military dependent status, S3 has been designated as a Military Friendly and Military Spouse Friendly employer since 2014.
- S3 is a certified women-owned business enterprise (WBE) and an active member of WBENC.
- S3 is ranked among the top 25 woman-owned businesses in the nation by Womens Enterprise USA Magazine.
- S3 has given more than $2 million through sponsorships and donations every year since 2011.
Strategic Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID: JOB-166940
Publish Date: 04 Mar 2021