Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Middle Tier Engineer for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Middle Tier Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI (Hybrid onsite/remote)
Duration: 12+ Months
Role Type: W2 Contract Engagement
The Middle Tier Engineer will provide technical and administrative services for the customer in a highly complex web and load balancer environment.
The Middle Tier Engineer will demonstrate the ability to analyze hardware and software issues associated with web related technologies such as Red Hat Apache, IBM HTTP server(IHS), Websphere and WebLogic Server Administration, Microsoft Windows IIS administration, SSL Certificate maintenance and Load Balancer technologies using clustered architecture and/or use of appliances such as F-5
Must have wide-ranging experience and the ability to apply that experience along with professional concepts and company objectives to resolve issues in effective ways. Strong organizational skills are necessary.
- Day to day web server support and administration
- Application and web deployment support
- Analyze, design and construction of Web Server environments in order to support business application systems
- Perform scripting as needed to automate deployments
- Install fix packs, patches and cumulative fixes as required.
- Installation and deployment of web applications, monitoring and problem resolution of production servers
- Provide 7X24 on call support as part of a rotating assignment
- Share expert knowledge with other team members
- Follow team operating guidelines and documentation
- Document all work processes and procedures as per group guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills
- Red Hat Apache Web Server administration, required 6 years
- IBM HTTP server (IHS) Web Server administration, required 6 years
- Microsoft IIS Web Server administration, required 5 Years
- WebLogic server administration, required 6 years
- WebSphere Application Server, required 6 years
- F5 load Balancer administration and configuration
- Bachelor Degree in MIS CIS or relevant science required
- Experience in 24X7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to Web Servers, WebSphere Application Server and Database.
- Experience working in environments containing, IBM AIX, Redhat Linux, Windows Server, Oracle, DB2, SQL, JAVA, J2EE, Shell script, Java Script, VB script
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-221671
Publish Date: 16 Mar 2023