Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer (209725)
Location(s): Richmond, CA (onsite + remote)
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:207925
Job Description / Duties: The Designs Engineer plays a key role supporting the Refinery’s mission to operate safely, reliably, predictably and profitably. This involves taking a lead role in understanding and evaluating plant performance, working closely with Operations and Maintenance to establish work priorities, and following through with proactive design and execution of engineering work packages, engineering analysis and project deliverables. Engineers are assigned to one of the operating Area Business Units within the Refinery to provide ownership and support.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide engineering support for routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to partner with Operations, Maintenance and Technical functions within the global refining system.
- Provide active field support working with Operations and other technical teams to scope mechanical repairs and troubleshoot issues in process plants. Solutions often include the development and selection of alternatives considering reliability, total cost of ownership, operability and HSE impacts. Support implementation of solutions through Routine Maintenance, Turnaround execution and project construction and startup.
- Develop and manage Engineering Work Orders for projects ranging from repairing a valve to replacing large complex equipment such as pressure vessels and furnaces.
- Develop purchase specifications for engineered mechanical equipment that ensures the equipment meets company and industry standards and manage the technical fabrication and inspection requirements for procuring equipment.
- Lead and/or support the planning and execution of unit downtimes/turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
- Provide guidance for technical inquiries, issue technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve Designs Engineering tools and support the development and improvement of Designs Engineering work processes.
- Perform and support various technical studies to improve plant safety, reliability, throughput and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis, consultation and project management for small capital projects.
- Be a role model for The Company’s Way and The Company’s safety culture.
- Greater than 2 years of oil & gas complex process facilities experience (refining, chemical plant, LNG, etc). Understanding refinery processes and equipment and the interaction between refinery units is preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
**Designs engineers work a 9/80 schedule receiving every other Friday off. Additionally, engineers have the option to participate in a hybrid working schedule, working 3 days a week in the office and 2 days remotely.
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-207925
Publish Date: 03 Oct 2022