Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Life Claims Representative (217608)
Location(s): REMOTE (Hybrid if in San Antonio, TX)
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:217608
Job Description / Duties: This job profile is designated as a Sensitive Position. Sensitive Positions are those positions in which individuals have the authority and ability to conduct in-scope activities (movement of the company or Member funds) as defined within the Enterprise Sensitive Positions Mandatory Time-Away Compliance Policy. Employees in Sensitive Positions are required to fulfill a Mandatory Time-Away (MTA) requirement of 10 consecutive business days each calendar year.
Receives, reviews and processes life insurance and annuity claims through various member contact channels. Uses established procedures and developing job experience to carry out routine work assignments under direct supervision
- Life/Annuity Claims Experience (adjudicating, reviewing) – 2 or more years preferable
- Life/Annuity Product Background/Experience – 2 or more years preferable
- Tax Background for 1099INT/1099MISC and RMD processing for annuities
- HAL or ALIP administrative experience
- Reviews, analyzes, investigates, and authorizes payment of individual life and annuity claims within authority guidelines. Examines and reviews claims forms, policies, endorsements and other records to determine coverage and verify beneficiary.
- Determines payment and settlement options by referring to policy coverage, limits, state requirements and IRS tax laws, and educates member on taxable impact of receipt of funds.
- Asks questions to discover key information and life events in order to understand member need and potential opportunities to meet that need through a product or service.
- Encourages member to take action to address needs and opportunities.
- Supports enterprise business goals through the achievement of individual referral and product acquisition goals. Contacts outside service providers/vendors and internal business partners to facilitate claims resolution.
- Collaborates with more experienced team members to resolve member issues and identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- High School Diploma General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 or more years industry related customer contact experience, life claims experience and/or relevant internal product proficiency. Developing knowledge of life and annuity industry products, services and processes to include relevant medical terminology.
- Life/Health License (Group 1 License) or ability to obtain within 90 days of job entry Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment required
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions Company. Over 30 years’ experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full-service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Job ID: JOB-217608
Publish Date: 26 Jan 2023