Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Legal Analyst (204284)
Location: San Ramon, CA (Hybrid- 3 Days onsite/ 2days Remote)
Duration: 5 Months
S3 supports and adheres to customer COVID-19 vaccination policies, which may include the disclosure of vaccination status.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO C2C eligibility for this position.
To apply: Please email your resume inWord FormattoPaola Martinez at: PMartinez@strategicstaff.comand Reference Job Order #:204284 orClick the Apply Button.
This Legal Analyst position is based in San Ramon, CA and is part of the Downstream, Chemicals and Midstream Law Function. The successful candidate will primarily provide commercial, business, and transactional legal support for the company’s market and retailer franchise disclosures and fuels and credit-card advertising and sponsorship agreements in the U.S.
The successful candidate must be able to perform delegated paralegal tasks under the guidance and direction of attorneys, including:
- Prepare and coordinate filing of annual franchise disclosures and limited franchise disclosures for the company branded marketer and retailer relationships
- Prepare and update marketer and retailer supply contracts and related agreements with required coding for the company contract-automation platform
- Advise on retail programs and review all program materials to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Work closely with the company advertising team to develop and review retail fuels advertising and related sweepstakes, social media, loyalty programs, third-party promotions, and credit cards and ensure accuracy and consistency across platforms
- Review and negotiate sponsorship agreements and related renewals, extensions and amendments
- Engage and provide recommendations with risk analysis to attorneys and business partners
- Work closely with subject matter experts in Tax, Finance, Intellectual Property, Compliance, Credit and Insurance to integrate such guidance into advertising review, commercial negotiations and agreements
- Participate in regular discussions with attorneys and business partners and offer creative solutions
- Perform legal due diligence and legal research
- Multi-task and prioritize work assignments to consistently provide high-quality work product in a fast-paced work environment
- Work closely with business partners and attorneys to resolve a variety of day-to-day issues and support a broad range of commercial transactions and/or projects
- Recommend process improvements and simplification of tasks
- Communicate clearly, simply and directly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a paralegal negotiating and drafting agreements
- Ability to effectively analyze and communicate legal issues across broad functional and organizational lines (e.g. procurement, business partners, and attorneys)
- Ability to maintain high quality performance with varied deadlines and competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational, analytical, proofreading, editing, and research skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is solution-oriented and adept at working in a team environment and partnering with management, business partners, in-house counsel, outside counsel, and staff
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or a law degree from an ABA-accredited school
Job ID: JOB-204284
Publish Date: 18 Jul 2022