Strategic Staffing Solutions
Lead Compliance Officer
Charlotte, NC – 100% On-Site
12+ Month Contract
- Provide oversight and monitoring of business group risk based compliance programs.
- Maintain compliance risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives with moderate to high risk, over multiple business lines.
- Establish, implement and maintain risk standards and programs to drive compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory and Corporate Policy requirements.
- Oversee the Front Line’s execution and challenges appropriately on compliance related decisions.
- Develop, oversee, and provide independent credible challenge to standards with subject matter expertise.
- Provide direction to the business on developing corrective action plans and effectively managing regulatory change.
- Report findings and make recommendations to management and appropriate committees. Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement and risk control development.
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements. Monitor the reporting, escalation, and timely remediation of issues, deficiencies or regulatory matters regarding compliance risk management.
- Oversee the Front Line’s execution and challenges appropriately on compliance related decisions. Make decisions and resolve issues to meet business objectives. Interpret policies, procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
- Work with complex business units, rules and regulations on moderate to high risk compliance matters.
- Interface with Audit, Legal, external agencies, and regulatory bodies on risk related topics.
- 5+ years of Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Lean Six Sigma experience, Green Belt preferred
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) experience
- Process design and mapping experience
- iGrafx proficiency a plus
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and tasks associated with multiple lines of businesses
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Create and deliver presentations, to illustrate schedules and dependencies, to senior management on project progress, business value, goals, critical path, key issues/risks, changes, and dependencies
Job ID: JOB-207246
Publish Date: 19 Sep 2022