Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Sr. Business Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Detroit, MI (Hybrid schedule)
Duration: W2 Contract-to-Hire
**Must be local to Michigan – hybrid position working onsite 1-2 days a week as needed.
- Works with businesses to identify ways to improve process execution and achieve strategy through the use of technology. Evaluates the overall business need and assists with design and implementation to ensure solutions achieve overall business objectives.
- Develops a roadmap for meeting the short- and long-term objectives.
- Acts as a primary member of the project team, overseeing and documenting decisions that occur throughout the project lifecycle. Elicits specific requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business process analysis and task and workflow analysis. Writes requirements and translates specifications to technical experts.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Identifies potential technical problems before they occur and helps implement solutions by thoroughly validating all system changes relative to assigned work. Works with the business technology team as an advocate of the business unit supported. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true need.
- Documents technical information, project information and develops training material. Writes and executes test scripts.
- Collaborates on tasks with project team members with clear deliverables and expected time frames. Follows up on progress of tasks. Maintains accountability for all items
- Monitors progress of project and works to overcome challenges. Influences others to achieve project results. Escalates issues when necessary.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to customer internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4+ years of Business Analyst work experience, or 10 years comparable work experience required.
- 4+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst on IT Projects working on moderate to complex projects.
- Experience collecting and documenting user stories, use cases business requirements and acceptance criteria across multiple process areas and disciplines including business process, controls, system requirements, data conversion, analytics, and reporting.
- Experience refining user stories, use cases and detailed requirements in collaboration with IT developers.
- Good understanding of relational databases, star schemas, data marts and data warehouses.
- Experience writing queries (SQL and PL SQL).
- Experience using Visio, PowerPoint, Excel to document data models, work flows, user requirements, business logic, calculation rules and data mapping.
- Experience with designing reports, dashboards, scorecards, and wireframes.
- Some experience building, writing and executing test cases using technologies such as JIRA / Confluence (Selenium, Loadrunner, is a plus).
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-233893
Publish Date: 08 Feb 2024