Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Actuary for a contract opening with one of our largest clients!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Job Title: Actuary
Contract: 12 Months
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Use Python in Jupyter Notebook to process data and develop predictive models on the daily basis.
- Use SQL or Python to extract the modeling data from snowflake data server.-
- Work closely with other data scientists and actuaries in the modernization modeling team
- Develop pricing and underwriting models support Auto and Property under the direct guidance of modeling leads.
- Complete the model documentation and operational procedures based on USAA enterprise policy and regulatory requirements.
- Attend all project update and standup meetings at the request of modeling leads and proactively provide the progress update either verbally or in written.
- Hold accountable for assigned tasks with respect to quality and timeline.
- Other tasks and projects assigned by modeling leads.
- Bachelor’s degree is required in a STEM major (math, statistics, or data science); master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- It is desirable but not mandatory to have previous professional experience in building pricing loss models or underwriting models in the Property and Casualty insurance industry.
- Quick learner and detail-oriented individual with sense of urgency, resilience to pressure, can-do attitude, and high curiosity.
- Highly efficient in working on large-sized datasets with heterogeneous data types by using SQL and Python. The assessment for coding might be arranged during the interview.
- Both conceptual understanding and working knowledge of predictive modeling are required, including but not limited to GLM, GBM, Feature Selection, Parameter Tuning, Model Diagnostics, and Performance Evaluation. A technical assessment might be arranged during the interview.
- Hands-on experience in using various Python packages for the predictive modeling development, including but not limited to H2O, sklearn, statsmodels, scipy, numpy, and pandas.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Nick Gleason, Sourcing Specialist, at email@example.com .
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-233732
Publish Date: 31 Jan 2024