Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Assistant Plant Manager for a direct-hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Toledo, OH!
Title: Assistant Plant Manager
Location: Toledo, OH (Onsite)
Role Type: Permanent Full-Time
This is a leadership position with responsibility for utility and energy-related assets located within a powerhouse and throughout the associated facility. Utility systems and powerhouse infrastructure experience is required, particularly in the competitive, non-regulated energy market. Experience managing unionized labor is important.
- Maintains a strong safety culture. Complies with all site safety and environmental requirements and procedures. Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary. Assists with the development of and ensures that all site safety requirements and procedures are properly implemented, consistently observed and corrective actions are initiated when applicable.
- Develops, implements, and manages consistent plant operating philosophies and best practices to maximize plant availability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Ensures Contractors comply with all On-Site Business Unit and Company Energy policies, procedures, and Safety requirements.
- Constantly reviews and improves operational processes and ensures that operating personnel are properly trained and adhere to established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manages the O&M Technicians and Skilled Trades to ensure safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant while actively managing schedules to minimize overtime and comply with administrative guidelines.
- Establishes, reviews, and modifies as required all predictive/preventive maintenance requirements programmed into the maintenance management system in alignment with maintenance strategy.
- Develops performance goals and reviews in a comprehensive, open, and objective manner to align employee accountabilities and conduct with operational processes in accordance with administrative guidelines.
- Investigates operating abnormalities and incidents to improve equipment availability and performance and to minimize maintenance requirements.
- Prepares necessary plant operation reports in a timely manner and investigates all forced outages, reporting them in accordance with the BU practice through SharePoint.
- In collaboration with Plant Manager, prepares and continually evaluates the operating department’s budgets and/or makes recommendations to the Plant Manager relative to optimization of operations and maintenance costs.
- Assists with maintenance engineering evaluations and troubleshooting of equipment abnormalities.
- Maintains a consistent and effective level of communication with Plant Manager, Administrative staff, O&M Technicians and Skilled Trades on shift.
- Assist the Plant Manager with project management of all planned outage activities, including long term planning for capital improvements.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED
- At least five years of professional work experience in plant facilities or utilities maintenance and operations
- Additional consideration provided for technical degrees
- Additional consideration provided for electrical distribution systems experience
Job ID: JOB-233116
Publish Date: 14 Feb 2024