Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Job Title: Operation & Maintenance Tech
Location: Stanton, TN – Onsite
This position is responsible for operating, monitoring, and performing routine maintenance on all equipment located within the newly constructed Central Utility Plant located at Ford’s Blue Oval City complex. Work is performed under direct supervision of a Plant Manager or Lead Engineer and performance is reviewed against an established set of goals and Company policies and procedures.
Plant equipment includes the following: (2) 7.8 MW Solar Taurus 70 gas turbine generators with associated Rentech 161 KPPH Heat Recovery Steam Generator’s with Duct Burners and Fresh Air Firing capability, (4) 75,000 MBH, and (1) 2,000 MBH steam to hot water heat exchangers, economizers, deaerators, boiler feed water pumps, condensate pumps. Also included will be (10) 3,350-ton electric cooling only centrifugal chillers, and (5) 2,245-ton heating/cooling chillers with an associated 10 MM gallon thermal storage tank and a 14 cell, 153,000-gpm cooling tower. Balance of plant equipment includes, air compressors, water treatment systems, pumps, filters, instrumentation, PLC controls and 25/5 kV, 480 V and 125 Vdc electrical systems.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all shift operations and maintenance, including startup and shutdown of utility systems and ancillary equipment
- Perform operations in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and prudent safety standards
- Participation in the basic safety processes as key member of the Site Safety committee, leading monthly safety meetings and having a shared responsibility for the site’s overall safety performance
- Respond to abnormalities and take corrective actions consistent with established operating procedures and prudent industry best practices
- Conducts multiple rounds per shift of the Central Utility Plant to inspect equipment, ensure systems are functional, collect/log performance data, and communicate operational problems as they arise
- Complies with all site safety requirements and procedures
- Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary
- Ensures accuracy of shift operating logs, records, time sheets, work orders, and other administrative documents related to company Stanton, LLC assets
- Performs routine water chemistry testing and makes necessary adjustments to optimize efficiency.
- Checks daily consumption rates of chemicals, gasses, fuels, water, and other consumables; monitors inventories and initiates action to replenish as needed
- Performs plant electrical switching and lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance best practices
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspections, troubleshooting, and maintenance tasks under direction of Management as assigned
- Investigates plant problems, incidents, accidents, and unusual events, and provides accurate information, analysis, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans
- Reads and records gauges and meters. Performs routine operational tests and adjustments on all power plant systems and components as required
- Develops, assists, and revises operations and maintenance related procedures to ensure optimal performance of systems
- Performs and maintains plant housekeeping standards and duties
- Performs routine preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on all systems and equipment
- Becomes lead representative on tasks and projects as assigned
- Performs other duties necessary to fulfill plant requirements
- Communicates pertinent information to company personnel, customers, and vendors.
- Assist other team members and works with all departments to support corporate and plant goals
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to off-hour call-ins as needed
- Leads, and participates in assigned continuous improvement efforts throughout the facility.
Must have a high school diploma or GED, and a minimum of five (5) years of power plant experience in operations and maintenance. Must have knowledge of utility plant mechanical and electrical equipment, including gas turbines, HRSG’s, motors, pumps, cooling towers, chillers, fluid systems, chemical handling, water treatment systems, pollution control equipment, AC/DC electrical distribution, control systems, and associated maintenance functions. Work involves performing some difficult and complex functions requiring a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Work shifts rotate and the Operation & Maintenance Tech frequently works alone. A valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain it is required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with natural gas fired combustion turbines, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), electrical, chillers, compressed air, water softeners, and emissions control systems Knowledge of and experience with at least four (4) of the following skills: pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging, rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, basic vibration analysis, and basis understanding of electrical test equipment
- Ability to learn and become proficient in all site-specific systems and sub-systems
- Complete site-specific qualification training and periodic testing
- Knowledge of power plant safety, policies, and procedures, especially in areas such as chemical handling, energy systems, confined spaces, fire suppression, and first aid
- Knowledge of and ability to understand fundamental principles related to physics, mathematics, AC/DC electrical theory, heat transfer, fluid flow, thermal dynamics, and chemistry
- Knowledge of chemistry and power plant chemical applications
- Ability to operate valves, switches, controls, keyboards, and other devices associated with power plants
- Ability to use basic hand tools, portable electric, pneumatic tools, and basic rigging equipment such as winches, hoists, and slings
- Ability to locate, troubleshoot, and correct problems with mechanical and electrical system and ancillary equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate and maintain and calibrate various test equipment
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley PLC interfaces.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is required to: frequently stand, walk, or climb and occasionally stoop, kneel, or crawl. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee can: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
- The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 35 pounds in weight. Occasionally, the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight. In addition, the employee will push or pull up to 70 pounds in weight occasionally.
- Vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
Job ID: JOB-233015
Publish Date: 12 Dec 2023