Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Operations & Maintenance Tech for a direct-hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Stanton, TN!
Title: Operations & Maintenance Tech
Location: Stanton, TN
Role Type: Direct Hire/FTE
*Client will offer $5k relocation for a move over 50 miles
This position is responsible for operating, monitoring, and performing routine maintenance on all equipment located within the newly constructed Central Utility Plant. Work is performed under direct supervision of a Plant Manager or Lead Engineer and performance is reviewed against an established set of goals and Company policies and procedures.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all shift operations and maintenance, including startup and shutdown of utility systems and ancillary equipment
- Perform operations in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and prudent safety standards
- Participation in the basic safety processes as key member of the Site Safety committee, leading monthly safety meetings and having a shared responsibility for the site’s overall safety performance
- Respond to abnormalities and take corrective actions consistent with established operating procedures and prudent industry best practices
- Conducts multiple rounds per shift of the Central Utility Plant to inspect equipment, ensure systems are functional, collect/log performance data, and communicate operational problems as they arise
- Complies with all site safety requirements and procedures
- Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary
- Ensures accuracy of shift operating logs, records, time sheets, work orders, and other administrative documents
- Performs routine water chemistry testing and makes necessary adjustments to optimize efficiency.
- Checks daily consumption rates of chemicals, gasses, fuels, water and other consumables; monitors inventories and initiates action to replenish as needed
- Performs plant electrical switching and lock-out/tag-out (LOTO) of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance best practices
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspections, troubleshooting, and maintenance tasks under direction of Management as assigned
- Investigates plant problems, incidents, accidents and unusual events, and provides accurate information, analysis, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans
- Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to off-hour call-ins as needed
Must have a high school diploma or GED, and a minimum of five (5) years of power plant experience in operations and maintenance. Must have knowledge of utility plant mechanical and electrical equipment, including gas turbines, HRSG’s, motors, pumps, cooling towers, chillers, fluid systems, chemical handling, water treatment systems, pollution control equipment, AC/DC electrical distribution, control systems, and associated maintenance functions. Work involves performing some difficult and complex functions requiring a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Work shifts rotate and the Operation & Maintenance Tech frequently works alone. A valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain it is required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with natural gas fired combustion turbines, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), electrical, chillers, compressed air, water softeners, and emissions control systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with at least four (4) of the following skills: pipefitting, welding, machining, rigging, rotating machine repair, fabrication, machine alignment, basic vibration analysis, and basis understanding of electrical test equipment
Job ID: JOB-233014
Publish Date: 14 Feb 2024