Strategic Staffing Solutions
IT Project Manager III
Location: St Louis, Mo (Remote)
Contract: 12 Months +
Pay rate: $70+
- Specialized depth and breadth of expertise in job discipline or field, working independently to solve or lead others to solve complex problems.
- Independently defines and manages scope and schedule of large and complex projects, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budgets.
- Develops plan and resources (internal/external) for higher risk/impact and more complex projects (mega projects).
- Helps prioritize projects or projects impacting multiple disciplines or groups.
- Sets team members up for success by identifying and addressing their needs proactively, allowing the team to focus on valuable work (i.e., is a servant leader).
- Provides vendor management expertise in reviewing request for proposals, vendor contracts and selecting appropriate vendors.
- Manages demand planning process with Demand Planning group; guides others on the process and understands broader organizational demand planning.
- Manages project budget of large and complex projects, reviews and approves invoices for complex projects.
- Manages and ensures quality of higher risk/impact projects (e.g., coordinating meetings, tracking budget, following up on action items) using Waterfall project management methods; interprets and anticipates scope creep.
- Anticipates risks, performs a risk analysis and prepares a preliminary plan to address potential risks.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enhancement of PMO processes, methodology, tools and automation.
- Provides expertise with logistics, problem solve and tweak processes to drive team velocity and ensure full team engagement.
- Removes progress barrier (e.g., cultural, administrative, logistical challenges) and shields the team from external interference to ensure team is fully invested, functional and productive.
- Can actively manage change control issues as they occur.
- Prepares stakeholders for project delivery, facilitates transparency, adaptation and communicates how mega-projects drive value for the business.
- Facilitates recurring status meetings with stakeholders including Digital Project Managers, Digital Supervisors, and Digital Directors.
- Creates, delivers and implements project change approach, strategy and plan; delivers customer facing and internal change management activities to ensure ongoing stakeholder and user engagement; guides team and peers in the roles and responsibilities of change management.
Expert Project Management knowledge and skills including:
- Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team.
- Confident and skilled at navigating the team through roadblocks to allow sprints to be completed on time. MS Project, Primavera, etc., project management tools.
- Change management strategies and principles.
- Understanding of project planning principles such as timing, cost and the implications of project cost overruns.
- Ability to develop strategies for optimal resource utilization.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in vendor management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in project management, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting or project accounting including cost management systems to support project budget, forecast, and spend required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is required.
- 2+ years of experience at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies preferred.
Job ID: JOB-232613
Publish Date: 20 Nov 2023