Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Data Engineer for a contract opening with one of our largest clients!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Contract: 12 Months
Location: Chicago, IL
- Part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data engineers, software engineers, data scientists, data managers and business partners.
- Implements and maintains reliable and scalable data infrastructure to move, process and serve data.
- Writes, deploys and maintains software to build, integrate, manage, maintain, and quality-assure data at bp.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; develops, maintains and improves CI / CD pipeline,
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services they maintain, responsible for defining and maintaining SLAs.
- Help design, build, deploy and maintain infrastructure as code.
- Containerizes server deployments.
- Actively contributes to improve developer velocity.
- Hands-on experience (typically 2 – 3 years) designing, planning, building, productionizing, maintaining and documenting reliable and scalable data infrastructure and data products in complex environments
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Pyspark)
- Experience with SQL and noSQL database fundamentals, query structures and design best practices, including scalability, readability, and reliability
- Experience implementing large-scale distributed systems in collaboration with more senior team members
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in technologies across all data lifecycle stages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset
- BS degree in computer science or related field
- Python, Pyspark, SQL and AWS (preferably) Experience
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Nick Gleason, Sourcing Specialist, at email@example.com .
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-232490
Publish Date: 13 Nov 2023