Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for an Application Developer (Mainframe) for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Application Developer (Mainframe)
Location: Detroit, MI (On-Site and Some Remote)
Duration: 12+ Months
Role Type: W2 Contract Engagement
Top Three Skills/Experience
- Strong hands-on experience designing, developing, implementing and supporting batch/online mainframe applications using COBOL, JCL, DB2/SQL and IMS/CICS.
- Worked as a Business Analyst leading JAD sessions, managed/wrote business requirements and be able to communicate them clearly/effectively.
- Healthcare payer experience.
- Exposure to full life cycle of development from requirements through implementation.
- Interact with the business customers and interfacing teams as needed to define business requirements.
- Analyze and design application enhancements/corrections per requirements.
- Code, test and implement enhancements/corrections.
- Provide Solution Delivery Methodology artifacts associated with application components.
- Translate requirements and functional specifications into test cases, ensuring that test cases cover all testable business requirements.
- Develop and execute unit test plans and scripts to validate that assigned modules meet technical specifications.
- Participate in technical inspections at appropriate stages of development.
- Participate in integration testing.
- Ensures compliance with enterprise technology standards, governance processes, and performance metrics to ensure IT delivers value to the enterprise.
- Able to function well as a team member, as well as work independently on assignments.
- Experience as a Business and Systems Analyst for large scale systems.
- Motivated professional (results oriented and self-starter).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Prior experience in the following areas: Medicare Advantage, Enrollment, Claims and exposure to Governmental Mandates.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-232393
Publish Date: 06 Nov 2023