Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 6 months, contract to hire
Pay Rate: $60.00-80/hr.
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #232378.
- Guide full stack developers on the importance of SRE principles.
- Analyze, design, and deploy new functionality and enhancements with high quality (security, reliability, operations) to production.
- Build new and analyze current monitoring for applications for improvements.
- Create dashboarding geared toward technology or business personnel for better decision making.
- Perform capacity planning to understand areas of system improvement.
- Build operational principles and production readiness guidelines for engineers.
- Achieve team commitments (and influence others to do the same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication skills.
- Have an oversight on design decisions and guide team to achieve key results for products assigned.
- Remediate issues using engineering principles and create proactive design solutions for potential failures.
- Lead and contribute to post incident reviews to identify areas of application improvement.
- Contribute to and lead technology communities
- Create solutions addressing high impact technology and business priorities.
- Competent in multiple contexts, including programming languages, security, automation, testing, and business domains and is the go-to person for many people (inside and outside of their team).
- Participates in strategic technology decisions
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related
- 6+ years experience in Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related field
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Expertise in site reliability engineering principles, heavily focused on observability
- Strong understanding of object-oriented principles
- Strong experience working with a relational database
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
Job ID: JOB-232378
Publish Date: 04 Nov 2023