Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Renewable Energy Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Manager – Renewable Energy Development
Location: Detroit, MI – Hybrid/Onsite
Role Type: FTE/Direct Hire
* Open to nationwide candidates willing to relocate. Relocation assistance will be offered.
* Solar industry experience is required.
Oversees all aspects of renewable energy project development for the Corporation, including planning and preliminary siting studies, performing and coordinating all environmental/wildlife studies, project layouts, developing and obtaining permit approvals, managing community relations, and contractor support. Also coordinates associated financial and budget analyses. Additionally, responsible for overall scope of land owner care and payment program related to operational renewable energy projects managed by direct report. Assignments are received from multiple directors primarily in the form of broad goals/areas of responsibility. Incumbent has latitude (within defined scope of responsibility) for independent action in setting objectives and deciding how to proceed, consistent with Corporate goals and objectives. Span of control: 8-9 FTEs
- Communicates and coordinates team priorities, goals, and targets ensuring alignment with overall renewable energy and Corporation priorities
- Oversees all aspects of developing potential renewable energy projects
- Sets overall permitting strategy to support overall renewable energy project approval
- Leverages development team expertise for review of potential renewable energy build-transfers
- Ensures proper execution of interconnection studies, project layouts, and project application development
- Sets community relations/engagement strategies to optimize project outcomes
- Facilitates financial analysis, budgeting and cost control, and project approval requests
- Manages overall scope of land owner care/payment program
- Ensures maintenance and leveraging of network of developers, contractors, vendors, regulators, and researchers to continually benchmark renewable energy trends, enhancing Corporation’s ability to develop cost-effective projects
- Establishes overall strategy regarding wildlife and environmental aspects of renewable projects directly for development and indirectly for operations and maintenance
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, environmental, mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering and 7 years of experience including project, environmental management and/or renewable energy development experience
- Environmental or Civil Engineering Discipline
- Direct experience leading various stages of wind and solar project development
- Experience developing and implementing community relations/engagement strategies
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
Job ID: JOB-232363
Publish Date: 17 Nov 2023