Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a GIS Analyst for a contract opening with one of our largest clients.
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 Only. No C2C eligibility for this position. Visa Sponsorship is Available! The details are below.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Contract- 6 months
Reference Job Order #: 232284
- Familiarity with Utility Network functionality and data management tools
- Familiarity with Linear Referencing
- Provides analytical expertise and application development utilizing geographic information system (GIS) software.
- Maintains roster databases and structure through acquisition and deployment.
- Presents project highlights and elements to key stakeholders and makes recommendations to ensure success of GIS projects.
- Plans, prioritizes, schedules, and performs spatial analysis and application development for various geographic information systems (GIS) projects
- Develops, enables, and supports spatial electronic data extraction, collection, processing, and deployment companywide and externally via advanced GIS functionality
- Programs and supports applications, tools, and user interfaces for management of geographic information, data analysis, map production, and enhancements to existing applications
- Provides aerial and raster support through acquisition, collection, and deployment of data and tools through various GIS mediums statewide
- Provides global position system (GPS) application development, training, and support to field personnel for data collection efforts statewide
- Provides expert guidance and training to others in the development regarding construction of maps and related graphic material
- Thorough and in-depth working knowledge of GIS applications and ability to ensure the sustainability, accessibility, and reliability of these applications on a day-to-day statewide operations platform
- Ability to gain knowledge through experience in utility design or construction of similar types of projects
- Ability to perform complex analysis and interpret complex data and recommend changes and/or improvements to management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, GIS, geology, geography, or related field with three to five years of gas utility GIS experience or other related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must at all times possess a valid driver’s license and meet the acceptable driving record requirements of the Company.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various individuals and groups
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Advanced ability to use a personal computer and knowledge of geographic information system software products, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
Analysis And Problem-Solving Ability:
- Ability to handle project assignments working independently based on established policies, procedures, and guidelines, though at times seeking assistance from management.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- where only limited standardization exists.
Job ID: JOB-232284
Publish Date: 01 Nov 2023