Strategic Staffing Solutions
Title: Control Systems Engineer
Location: Richmond, CA (Hybrid/On-Site)
Duration: 12 Months
Client Industry: Energy – Oil & Gas
Exciting opportunity to support the research of Downstream Technology and Services as a Control Systems Engineer.
This position is part of a small team that programs and maintains the control systems used to control our Research Units and smaller Bench Scale Units which are fundamental in catalyst R&D, Lower Carbon Initiatives and process technology advancement in areas such as Carbon Capture. The individual will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Designs, programs and maintains process control systems (PCS), PLCs, HMIs and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Supports clients/customers and makes significant contributions to more complex projects under periodic supervision.
- Make programming modifications/enhancements to existing PLCs
- Develop PLC programs/logic for new Research Unit construction
- Develop Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for new and existing Research Units
- Provide programming support for existing Yokogawa distributed control system (DCS)
- Support the Process Control Network (PCN) infrastructure, network security, and backup systems
- Work with Instrumentation Technicians to troubleshoot issues in the field Additional responsibilities include tuning of control loops, and assistance in training console operators.
- Requires regular communication with many work groups including Operations, Maintenance, and Project Services. Individual reports to the DT&S IT/Controls Team Leader.
- This is a small team which interfaces directly with our Research community and therefore good communication skills are required as well as a dedication to sound documentation principals and a basic knowledge of Information Risk Management (IRM) guidelines.
- 5+ years experience as a Control Systems Engineer, or equivalent.
- Expertise in Process Control Systems and SCADA
- Expertise in PLCs & DCS
Job ID: JOB-231907
Publish Date: 30 Nov 2023