Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Health Coach for a contract opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Detroit, MI!
Title: Health Coach
Location: Detroit, MI (Remote within Michigan)
Duration: 12+ Months
Role Type: W2 contract engagement
Pay Rate: $34-$38/hour
Responsible for supporting care management programs aimed at improving member health and increasing health plan engagement. Address member’s short-term health needs to facilitate condition management, steerage to appropriate sites of care/resources, and behavioral change. Assist members to understand their health and navigate to the right health care resources, while leveraging technology and other team members. Communicate with members through phone, email, app, and text.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use active listening, motivational interviewing, and critical thinking to assess member’s short-term needs.
- Provide real-time support, coaching, and guidance for members and their family.
- Assist members to understand their health conditions and connect them with the appropriate resources, benefits, and programs.
- Leverage client technology and data to personalize member engagement and provide data-driven recommendations.
- Collaborate with team members, including Customer Service Representatives and Care Managers, on individual cases to share insights and resolve member issues.
- Use proactive problem solving to resolve health care issues and barriers members may face.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in health education, Health Promotion, or a related discipline preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a health promotion/education, counseling on health topics such as nutrition, exercise, cholesterol, hypertension, stress, alcohol, and smoking.
- Previous experience working in a call center or condition management program preferred.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to provide flexible coverage from 8am-8pm to support member outreach during/outside of normal business hours.
- Working knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories, counseling, interviewing techniques, strategies, and application required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills required to work effectively on teams.
- Ability to multi-task, while still being thorough when dealing with members.
- Empathetic, supportive and a good listener.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-231670
Publish Date: 04 Oct 2023