Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Distribution Design Technician for a contract opening with one of our largest clients!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Job Title: Distribution Design Technician
Contract: 12 Months
Location: Ybor City, FL
- Meet with customers and/or their agents ( customers ) to conduct needs and feasibility assessments on new construction projects and load additions, and to determine the schedule and required completion dates ( targeted schedule dates ) of different construction phases.
- Manage communication to all involved entities concerning any updates in the construction schedule changes with potential impact, documenting updates through letters and e-mails, as necessary.
- Estimate the electrical loads for customers with 50 kW demand) and determine actual or proposed field measurements (such as span distances, conductor height/sizes, etc.). Model these conditions in the appropriate software applications (PoleForeman, etc.) to determine optimal equipment/material, strength and/or spatial specifications to meet customer needs while ensuring all results comply with respective regulatory requirements.
- Establish all specifications in GIS, such as the correct electrical connectivity, proper supporting structures, and all compatible units (CUs) for materials and labor at the correct type and/or amount for each feature.
- Resolve any identified errors in GIS, ensure all GIS task types are linked to the WMS work requests and upload GIS data to WMS.
- Verify that locations of clients existing and proposed equipment and any third parties infrastructures (water, sewer, storm, gas, telephone, and cable lines) are adequately identified on the construction prints, and equipment specifications are captured.
- Based on the scope of construction and company safety standards, determine necessity and scale of the Maintenance-of-Traffic (MOT) plan that Field Construction, Operations, and/or contractors would need for completing work in the right-of-way.
- Review (GIS) construction prints from clients Mapping Services for accuracy and clarity.
- Interpret plans for large government projects of relative complexity, such as road widening, intersection improvements, and the installations or relocations of public infrastructures, and identify client facilities and/or potential issues;
- Minimum of two (2) years of knowledge and experience with electrical design fundamentals, maintenance, or installation of electrical systems required; or 1 year of direct work experience as a Distribution Design Field Inspector, installing and maintaining distribution overhead and underground facilities as a lineworker or performing general electrical maintenance as an Apprentice Electrician/Electrician.
- Knowledge and/or proficiency with utility industry software including, but not limited to work management systems, GIS, pole analysis, customer information system, Distribution Outage Program, Distribution Engineering Toolkit, voltage monitoring software, strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- A relevant college degree may substitute for equivalent experience.
- Preferred: Experience as a Service Area Coordinator (SAC), GIS Technician, Distribution Design Field Inspector and/or lineworker.
How to Apply: send resume and contact information to Nick Gleason, Sourcing Specialist, at email@example.com .
The S3 Difference:
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-231155
Publish Date: 07 Feb 2024