Strategic Staffing Solutions
STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS (S3) HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions is currently looking for a Biomass Regional Operations Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity with one of our largest clients located in Woodland, CA!
Title: Biomass Regional Operations Manager
Location(s): Bakersfield, CA, Stockton, CA or Woodland, CA
Role Type: Direct Hire/FTE
Pay Range: $133,000.00 – $187,000.00
This position is responsible for providing general direction and oversight to a team of Plant Managers assigned to biomass generating facilities and utility assets that are located in industrial facilities at Bakersfield, Stockton, and Woodland, California. There is a potential for this position to be hybrid work. Biomass, utility systems, and powerhouse infrastructure experience is beneficial, particularly in the competitive, non-regulated energy market. Familiarity with managing all aspects of power generation and plant operations in large scale industrial settings is important.
- Ensure that the Biomass generating and utility assets are operated in a safe, environmentally responsible manner while satisfying contracted energy requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate resources are available to support the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Biomass generation and utility assets.
- Understand and manage the projects’ commercial aspects and contractual obligations and ensure that plant personnel do the same.
- Ensure that all financial goals are met.
- Assist with the management of all energy conservation initiatives, if applicable.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the entire project team as required.
- Work closely with Plant Managers to develop, review, and manage annual O&M budgets and plans for each site.
- Develop, implement, and manage consistent plant operating philosophies and best practices to maximize plant availability, efficiency, and productivity.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the Plant Managers.
- Travel to multiple plant locations (up to 25% of time spent away from primary work location).
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience in the California Biomass industry
- An understanding of the California woody biomass fuel market
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in engineering, operations management, or similar field.
- A thorough understanding of the operation and maintenance of plant equipment, including the importance of ensuring high availability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Working knowledge of equipment such as boilers, air compressors, chillers, cooling towers, electrical distribution, lighting, HVAC, mist/dust collectors, weld water and waste treatment systems, turbines, fans, heat exchangers, transformers, motors, piping/valves, etc.
- An understanding of energy efficiency practices and energy conservation techniques.
- Experience managing California labor requirements as well as represented labor and related issues within a collective bargaining agreement.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
Job ID: JOB-231099
Publish Date: 11 Sep 2023