Strategic Staffing Solutions
Job Title: Business Data Analyst (Onsite)
Location: Riverwoods, IL
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 6 months w/possible extension
- Interpret client enterprise marketing strategy and translate into operational execution of marketing technology solutions
- Interface with the business and technology teams to support the design and delivery of medium to large scale integrated marketing solutions
- Elicit requirements from business stakeholders which are essential to defining capabilities required for executing business strategy.
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
- Be the solution wide functional and data subject matter expert on large scope projects
- Able to assemble, analyze and evaluate data to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to support the business and project teams
- Communicate and collaborate with IT application and data architects / SMEs as required for business and IT mapping and creation of roadmaps for implementing technology solutions relevant to executing on specified strategy.
- Lead and drive conversations with technical and business stakeholders to design and validate design against requirements
- Lead, drive work, mentor, and influence a team of Business Systems Analysts at multiple levels
- Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Elicit objective criteria for solution acceptance and ensure mapping and traceability from desired capabilities through to candidate solution presented for acceptance.
- Assess business objectives and provide accurate estimations of effort
- Be an ongoing solution advocate to ensure enhancements and future development roadmap conforms to solution design and client business objectives.
- Ensure delivery best practices for marketing processes and operations efficiency
- Able to quickly develop and maintain relationships within the organization and/or with external partners, and understand the unique needs of each partnership
- Advanced SQL skills
- Able to navigate a full database solution including writing queries to aggregate data for deep insights
- Deep experience in CRM or Loyalty marketing technologies
- Deep experience in batch ETL marketing technology or deep proficiency in Real Time web services
- The ability to create technical documentation (including Visio documentation of overall business solution) required
- Consultative – able to quickly develop rapport and establish credibility that results in trust and respect from business and technical
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
- Excellent drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills in order to move toward a project’s successful completion
- Strong blend of business acumen and technical aptitude
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- 7+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus – consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
- 7+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations involving large databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Desired Skills:
- Agile/Scrum project experience, especially utilizing Jira
- Experience with Advanced Analytics tools such as SAS, R, Python, Spark, H20
- Experience with marketing campaign tools such as IBM Campaign, Adobe Campaign, RedPoint, Momentum, Bonus etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Data Visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, Business Objects, Cognos
- Domain experience with marketing analytics and financial services.
Job ID: JOB-226352
Publish Date: 11 Aug 2023