Strategic Staffing Solutions
S3 is seeking a IT Technician for one of our longstanding partners! This role is ONSITE in West Alton, MO. Ideal candidates will have experience in system and/or network administration and strong customer service skills,
Job Title: IT Technician (Onsite)
Location: West Alton, MO (63386)
Role Type: W2 Only, No C2C
Contract Length: 12 months
Pay: up to $28/hr.
How to Apply: Please send resume and contact information to Keena Leo, Sourcing Specialist, at KLeo@strategicstaff.com and reference job #225310.
- Maintains responsibility for all aspects of digital equipment, applications and/or systems administration, including implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing, usage monitoring and the development of systems infrastructure within Digital Infrastructure
- Performs installations, upgrades, and may perform backups of software and hardware applications
- Designs, writes, implements and performs backup and restore procedures, and monitors processes
- Administers and maintains system stability
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies net problems when they relate to digital equipment
- Installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, troubleshoots problems and performs system configurations on OS, platforms and devices
- Monitors and manages systems and devices, including resource utilization, backup systems and response times, to maintain operating efficiency
- Monitors systems (OS, platforms, and devices) configuration to ensure system stability, and maintains system documentation and logs
- Ensures the effective, secure and regulatory compliant operation and administration of infrastructure resources, and consistent integrity of information
- Provides hardware and software operations and maintenance support
- Performs system backups and recovery
- Provides customer support with advanced diagnostics and by collaborating to solve problems
- Documents all pertinent problem-related information through to final resolution
- Supports other teams by assuring software and hardware requests follow company standards and support current software and security requirements
- Participates in the design of disaster/system recovery testing, when applicable
- Establishes stakeholders’ expectations and priorities; understands link between infrastructure work and business priorities
- Assists Senior Operations Specialists in discussions with other Digital departments to provide problem resolution and excellent service to user community; displays understanding of service level expectations
- Researches new developments and trends in the computer industry to maintain professional expertise in order to assist in technology planning
- Associate degree required, preferably in computer science or related field. Will consider candidates without a degree if they show/demonstrate having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience.
- Working/hands-on knowledge of infrastructure, operating systems, telecommunications networks, and specialized systems administration.
- Working knowledge of the definition, design and implementation of network communications and solutions.
- Knowledge of current Digital system administration tools and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field.
- Working knowledge of company software applications to diagnose and repair problems.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Job ID: JOB-225310
Publish Date: 19 May 2023